Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819202363 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

The City situation will come to nothing. Its absolutely nailed on they'll get off with the ban.
    Spurs are picking up points more consistently than Utd are, they're a better side so I see them finishing 4th.
    Chelsea need to sort their shit out big time. 5th place tussle now between them, Utd and Arsenal I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The City situation will come to nothing. Its absolutely nailed on they'll get off with the ban.
    It really isn't
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It really isn't
    It absolutely is. Nobody involved in football thinks it's going to happen.

Would be good to see what happens if Man-united finish 5th and this drags on until June/July..And how they react at Old Trafford
    I can see Man-city getting the ban reduced. If its reduced to a year that's kind of acceptable. But ending up just a fine , then its just a waste of time and effort from Uefa
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Would be good to see what happens if Man-united finish 5th and this drags on until June/July..And how they react at Old Trafford
    I can see Man-city getting the ban reduced. If its reduced to a year that's kind of acceptable. But ending up just a fine , then its just a waste of time and effort from Uefa
    I don't see them getting any less than a season, hopefully UEFA insist on the 2 season ban, they're bang to rights, I don't see how any amount of money spent of lawyers can get the decision overturned, money in suitcases maybe, but no amount spent on lawyers challenging due process will help them

UEFA are a waste of time full stop. They've done nothing in terms of racism and fan violence in Italy towards away supporters so I genuinely don't see them following through with this on City. They wont lose face by backing down as they lost it a long time ago anyway.
    Most fans and even players have them down as a bunch of bent out of touch organisation anyway just like FIFA.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    UEFA are a waste of time full stop. They've done nothing in terms of racism and fan violence in Italy towards away supporters so I genuinely don't see them following through with this on City. They wont lose face by backing down as they lost it a long time ago anyway.
    Most fans and even players have them down as a bunch of bent out of touch organisation anyway just like FIFA.
    Yep,The fooball world only cares about whos has the most money.We see Jurgen often mentioning how much football players have to endure. Mane hasn't had a rest in THREE years.And yet UEFA wants to make the champions league even bigger.
    How about dealing with the stuff you mentioned first?? Corrupt bastards.
    And furthermore, Man-city have been diddling the books for years. How any team can afford to pay 100 million on 2 full backs alone. Is very questionable to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't see them getting any less than a season, hopefully UEFA insist on the 2 season ban, they're bang to rights, I don't see how any amount of money spent of lawyers can get the decision overturned, money in suitcases maybe, but no amount spent on lawyers challenging due process will help them
    I hope your right, time will tell,

Yep,The fooball world only cares about whos has the most money.We see Jurgen often mentioning how much football players have to endure. Mane hasn't had a rest in THREE years.And yet UEFA wants to make the champions league even bigger.
    How about dealing with the stuff you mentioned first?? Corrupt bastards.
    And furthermore, Man-city have been diddling the books for years. How any team can afford to pay 100 million on 2 full backs alone. Is very questionable to say the least
    They've broken rules no doubt, I just don't them UEFA are powerful enough now to carry this through and I think its them trying to flex and show they still have some balls left. City are an easy charge, they don't have the clout of the big clubs.
    Theres another argument to this also and it's what Neville was saying earlier. How is any team supposed to challenge the top clubs without investment? There has to be cash pumped in somewhere if they aren't already part of the elite. Our current situation has been a divine blend of luck and design.
    If City had just curbed it a little it probably wouldn't have been so severe, also their failure to co-operate has bitten them on the arse. Their arrogance in all this is why theres little sympathy. This could have been Chelsea 15 years ago because they did exactly the same thing.

From being outside the top four and Champions League we've come back without massive investment, AND FSG have built our revenue streams massively and made sure we're run like a top club, we made our come back without those advantages as they've only reached the top club levels of those in the last 2 seasons, so that pretty much pisses all over the argument that clubs can't compete without massive investment. There's a much stronger argument against the UAE FC's and PSGs that although there's more and more TV money going to all clubs which would enable them to compete, those 2 are massively inflating the transfer and wages of players and are the ones more likely to make it nigh on impossible for other clubs to move up living within their means and being very well run despite the considerably larger amounts of funds from TV all clubs now receive