Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1234567891252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Looking at the line ups from Klopp's first game at Tottenham. 8 of their team are still at the club, our team is unrecognisable from that day.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

To think most of their league titles were won between 78/85 points. The level as improved since then all over the league (not that the quality is great) But the bar as been raised to win the league. in the last 7/8 years.
    Man-united are finding it hard knowing that even if they lose 2/3 games early in the season it will take a lot to compete..Its a different mentality when you know your not gonna compete for a title from the start of November. It takes a lot of mental strength to pick yourself up.They just don't have it right now and looking at their squad they don't even have the players to do it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Looking at the line ups from Klopp's first game at Tottenham. 8 of their team are still at the club, our team is unrecognisable from that day.
    That's what you do and how you build though, you have your philosophy and formation and stick to it, to learn quickly who can play it as you wish and who can't and identify your targets based on them being able to assist the team and other players playing your system even better and continually striving to improve and evolve it.

One fuck up Pochettino made was going to a 433 and trying to employ Smelly Fanny as a No8, he's never a No8 and never will be, at least not in the sense we understand a No8 to be, his very best ability to influence games comes from playing off the striker, so his choices were to play a 433 that often lined up like a 4231 or 4213 with Smelly Fanny in the centre of the midfield 3 pressing and looking to make runs beyond Kane at times when they had possession deeper.

He could have used him as a No8 differently in a 433 I guess, playing him at LCM but have him move further forward and infield to be in positions to receive the ball and make his late runs into the box off the strikers with Rose pushing up to fill in on the left alongside Ericksson and another CM when they had possession, rather than try and have him operate as an attacking full back as Robbo does for us. I think he made a bit of a mess of it, trying to use Smelly Fanny as a No8 in the way we use ours was a total non starter
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I thought during Jose's reign that they were on the way out and wouldn't be back for at least 10 years. I now think itll be longer than that. They have no identity, no style, no quality and no real togetherness or team spirit. They are worse than all of our sides during the 30 years maybe except Hodgson's side.

We need to keep this level of pressurespplied for as long as humanly possible because it's obvious that we are now influencing they're decisions and especially their fans view of themselves. Like they used to do to us really.

They'll recover when they eventually give up on thinking they can get the quick fix and erase all thoughts of fergie and start from scratch much like we had to do.
    Be more difficult now for them I think because of money all around the premier league and social media.

Personally I think it's fucking hilarious !!
    Carry on Ole you're doing a fine job !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Spot on!

I applaud the Glazers and their loyalty to a man who has Man Utd running through his veins (if little or no managerial ability to go with it...)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Yes Ole must stay, they should show loyalty and patience and give him a 25 year deal to try and repeat Ferguson's success over the same time period

Get a few quid on Tranmere this weekend

Ole's cracking, he was just babbling on, trying to use Paisley quotes and getting them wrong, trying to talk about his philosophy, what fucking philosophy? The philosophy of changing your starting 11 and formation every game and not having one

They need to stick with him

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Get a few quid on Tranmere this weekend

Ole's cracking, he was just babbling on, trying to use Paisley quotes and getting them wrong, trying to talk about his philosophy, what fucking philosophy? The philosophy of changing your starting 11 and formation every game and not having one

They need to stick with him
    That pitch at Tranmere will be a leveller, it's got all the hallmarks of at proper FA Cup upset.

If they don't make any significant signings this window, he's gone by the summer.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."