Page 31 of 113 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334353637384181 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Barcelona risks "becoming a new AC Milan or a Manchester United" in being unable to compete for major honours, says club presidential candidate Victor Font.

Yep, he knows the score.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Barcelona risks "becoming a new AC Milan or a Manchester United" in being unable to compete for major honours, says club presidential candidate Victor Font.

Yep, he knows the score.
    Haha, is he promising to throw loads of money at the club if he gets in?

Said it in another thread, first 2 thirds of this season VAR was great and made sure the right decisions were made and poor decisions were corrected, since then and the realisation at the FA, refs association and Premier League that VAR making sure decisions are correct doesn't permit them to change the course of games in favour of certain sides, they've started giving out a lot of very bad decisions, it's like CBT, they're trying to get people to accept that VAR will make plain wrong decisions or support plain wrong decisions made by the match officials just as we had to put up with decisions like that for the last 30 years, so I expect next season it will largely become completely pointless
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

VAR has been different class,” Solskjaer told Soccer on Sunday. “People talk about fans being a 12th man, but if I had to choose between VAR and our wonderful fans, I’d pick VAR all day long. The fans can sometimes be c*nts, to be fair. But VAR has been our rock.”

“Yes,” said the former striker, when asked if he is confident of finishing in the top 4. “So long as we can keep key players fit. Pogs, Bruno, VAR, Rashers, Greensy, Martial Law. Everyone except Fred.”

“Who knows?” added Solskjaer. “VAR might be captain next season, on this form.”

Yep, he knows the score.
    Yeah I read that. Hes going to say that though with him running for the presidency but you can see it makes sense. A team of aging legs, once the little fella either leaves or goes on the decline they are in big trouble.

Yep, he knows the score.

That must have stung for the Mancs to hear that (if they didn't already know that about themselves).

Imagine someone trying to make a point talking about the danger of their club falling off the track and becoming 'also-runs' and relics, and them using YOUR club as the case in point example of what they risk becoming.

Even worse, is hearing one of the executives of the other club that they used in that comparison - AC Milan, in this case - citing your hated rivals as the example and model of the kind of club and comeback they'd like to emulate and that they've been talking to the Liverpool FC hierarchy to try to learn how they did it and see if they can replicate that kind of success.....

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/07/ac-milan-have-been-talking-to-liverpool-in-bid-to-emulate-their-success/

"Having seen Liverpool rise from a similar position to reclaim their place among the club, Milan have reached out to their old rivals in a bid to emulate their business model.

“We have been talking to Liverpool,” the club’s chief revenue officer Casper Stylsvig explained.

“Because they’ve been through the same path as we are going through now.

“Four, five years ago, no one considered Liverpool and see where they are now.

“They obviously play very attractive football. They are winning, they have a fantastic manager, a fantastic team and now they are following suit from a commercial perspective.

“It has taken time, but their model seems to work.”
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Yep, he knows the score.
    Never liked Victor Font. Just not my type.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

They wont be allowed not to challenge for the Spanish league...Madrid or Barcelona that's the only 2 challengers in Spain.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    They wont be allowed not to challenge for the Spanish league...Madrid or Barcelona that's the only 2 challengers in Spain.
    I'd love to see both of them in the doldrums. Especially Real. I was having a chat amongst mates on WhatsApp the other day and we were talking about Bale.
    Did you see the photo of him nodding off during a game? A few of us were laughing and saying Real deserve having the piss took out of them and being rinsed for 300k a week due to them being the ultimate shithouse club.
    One disagreed and said hes wasted his career, I don't care much for him personally but I'm glad hes having them over. A truly horrible arrogant club.