Page 41 of 113 FirstFirst ... 313435363738394041424344454647485191 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

With blockhead at the back and de-clanger they will have to score plenty of goals
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

@Kev - they're the biggest rival LFC has and they're going through an interesting time. Think that warrants discussion.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @Kev - they're the biggest rival LFC has and they're going through an interesting time. Think that warrants discussion.
    If you're obsessed, our biggest rival now is man city (in competitive terms at least), has been last few seasons

Man utd havn't even been worth talking about, or close lately.

8 months is a bit OTT

Just a bit ironic when people on here say other teams are obsessed with us on the forums etc, it's just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    With blockhead at the back and de-clanger they will have to score plenty of goals
    Already an issue for them - they really should be looking at centre-back, defensive mid or goalkeeper before upgrading their attack.

Salah - 23
    Mane - 22
    Firmino - 12

Rashford - 22
    Martial - 22
    Greenwood - 17

Their front three outscored ours, yet they finished 33 points behind us by the end of the season. Admittedly worth bearing in mind that they'll have faced some weaker opposition (Europa League v Champion's League quality difference) but their transfer strategy isn't the most cohesive - throw money at the expensive/obvious/"generational talent" signings, hope for the best.

Ironically enough, their pace and ability to counter probably means they're slightly more likely to take points off City/Chelsea who have inferior defensive prowess to ourselves.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Henderson would do loads better than de gea for a start

Few defenders and they're not that far off at all

The attack and midfield, is top quality imo since fernandes (slack last few games but apart from them games only KDB was better), and enough options from the bench (more options than us) probably still missing another midfielder to make it "top top"

Although they need to replace lingard

I personally think you're all cursing it

Look at the change fernandes made for them, where they was, and that's just ONE player.

Go from febuary(ish)-summer not the start of the season, not bad at all tbh

Not just them chelsea could be scary next season, spurs probably won't be as shit you'd think, still won't get top 4 though and man city will spend spend spend, same as utd I think.

But it's ok, we won't spend and i'm sure it'll be fine! for a season or 2 at least until it catches up with us then we could be waiting another 30 years

With sancho they'll be sorted up top, just at the back but yeah, doesn't take much even look at ourselves, VVD and Allison..
    Last edited by Kev0909; 4th August 2020 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Henderson would do loads better than de gea for a start

Few defenders and they're not that far off at all

The attack and midfield, is top quality imo since fernandes (slack last few games but apart from them games only KDB was better), and enough options from the bench (more options than us) probably still missing another midfielder to make it "top top"

Although they need to replace lingard

I personally think you're all cursing it

Look at the change fernandes made for them, where they was, and that's just ONE player.

Go from febuary(ish)-summer not the start of the season, not bad at all tbh

Not just them chelsea could be scary next season, spurs probably won't be as shit you'd think, still won't get top 4 though and man city will spend spend spend, same as utd I think.

But it's ok, we won't spend and i'm sure it'll be fine! for a season or 2 at least until it catches up with us then we could be waiting another 30 years

With sancho they'll be sorted up top, just at the back but yeah, doesn't take much even look at ourselves, VVD and Allison..
    I don't get all the fuss regarding Sancho, he isn't even a regular starter for an average England team. Fernandes has been a great signing up to now, but they'll need much more than him to be challenging for the big trophies.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

The thing is with premier league you can be winning 2/3 games in style but then get a draw and loss in the next 2. its the in between games that matter most. we seemed to have handled that well over the last 2 seasons.lets see, how man-united cope.. and i dont think they are great against the top sides either.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I don't get all the fuss regarding Sancho, he isn't even a regular starter for an average England team. Fernandes has been a great signing up to now, but they'll need much more than him to be challenging for the big trophies.
    That's like a Utd fan saying he doesn't get all the fuss over Trent. Sancho is younger than Trent and has great numbers, he's an incredible talent......him and Greenwood will be terrifying in a couple of seasons.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

All it takes is a 'decent'/top third team to sign or already have one player who makes a very big impact (Suarez, Salah, Mahrez, Vardy etc) and they can suddenly become very competitive, and possibly even challenge for top honours.

We cannot expect others to keep failing, and as such we should do all we can to try and keep ahead of the chasing pack.

"I assumed they were dead."

"Assumption is the mother of all f-ups."

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    All it takes is a 'decent'/top third team to sign or already have one player who makes a very big impact (Suarez, Salah, Mahrez, Vardy etc) and they can suddenly become very competitive, and possibly even challenge for top honours.

We cannot expect others to keep failing, and as such we should do all we can to try and keep ahead of the chasing pack.

"I assumed they were dead."

"Assumption is the mother of all f-ups."
    Exactly we're fucked for people being cocky here hence my posts

Cursed it.