Page 42 of 113 FirstFirst ... 323536373839404142434445464748495292 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

I see SSN are still showing baldy celebrating winning the league 2 seasons ago .
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Exactly we're fucked for people being cocky here hence my posts

Cursed it.
    Honestly think if you go back to the earlier stages of the thread there is plenty of "yes, they're down now, but it only takes X for them to come back" material.

Also in terms of commenting on the demise, the usage of the word is important and to be fair they have gone from 13-in-18 to 0-in-7 so even if they turned around and won the League next season, the signs would suggest a sudden return to relentless dominance is fairly unlikely.

Better transfer strategy and a manager who hasn't won a raffle and they could certainly be very strong, very quickly, yet they continue to make the same mistakes.

As for the obsession you refer to, I can only speak for myself, but they merit more discussion than most as they are historic rivals - but even ignoring that, they are an interesting case study in their recent history of how to do things AND how not to do things, as we are witnessing something not unlike our transition from 70s and 80s powerhouse to 90s frustration and false dawns, so they are interesting to analyse - the fact there's the emotions of a pre-existing rivalry adds to the spice as well.

Yeah! What Sid said!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Well, theve managed to tease a worse looking home shirt than us. Adidas an all wouldn't ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Well, they've managed to tease a worse looking home shirt than us. Adidas an all wouldn't ya know.
    I really don't know what goes through some of these kit sponsor's minds. Do they not do their research as to what fans like to see in their club's shirts, or indeed even ask them what they think of any designs they've come up with?

For me that seems the best way of going about things. It's not as if it's an entirely new product that the public don't yet know that they will need/want one.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    That's like a Utd fan saying he doesn't get all the fuss over Trent. Sancho is younger than Trent and has great numbers, he's an incredible talent......him and Greenwood will be terrifying in a couple of seasons.
    Yep. £108 million was the asking price from Dortmund. Would make him the most expensive English player ever. It’s a long term investment for sure. A few years from now they’d possibly have a terrific set of attackers.

Also well done for Dortmund if they get it. They paid City £10 million to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Also well done for Dortmund if they get it. They paid City £10 million to get him.
    Dortmund are brilliantly run. At some point if they want to truly compete with Bayern again they will need to invest a bit more, but they seem very cautious, which is understandable given the dire financial straits they were in and what will be a desire for that to never, ever happen again.

Shame we can't hack their scouting database!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Dortmund are brilliantly run. At some point if they want to truly compete with Bayern again they will need to invest a bit more, but they seem very cautious, which is understandable given the dire financial straits they were in and what will be a desire for that to never, ever happen again.

Shame we can't hack their scouting database!
    Does the bolded bit remind you of someone??

The BVB are really beloved in Germany - everyone respects them so much (except Schalke, Leverkusen and Bayern fans I guess).
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

whats that thing on their shirt? looks like a fucking letterbox
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Does the bolded bit remind you of someone??

The BVB are really beloved in Germany - everyone respects them so much (except Schalke, Leverkusen and Bayern fans I guess).
    Ha, does a bit!

Dortmund's gear is also great too - think you have seen my "Klopp outfit" hahaha. So comfortable!