Page 43 of 113 FirstFirst ... 333637383940414243444546474849505393 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

As long as they have Ole at the wheel they'll stay were they are. Yes they'll get a few good results but hopefully not push us for the major honours in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    As long as they have Ole at the wheel they'll stay were they are. Yes they'll get a few good results but hopefully not push us for the major honours in the meantime.
    70 and 81 their 2 (of 7) points totals not in the 60s in the last 7 seasons. Regular 70s/80s finishes aren't there yet, never mind the 90+ finishes of the last 4 seasons for the Premier League winners.

A very luck-laden Champion's League win is never impossible of course, but they certainly aren't going to be the favourites in that tournament next season or the season after.

There's some comedy gold going on over on 'Red Chaff' at the moment, particularly in the Sancho thread. If they don't end up signing him the meltdown on there is going to be epic.

They'll sign him, they just have to find a way to spin the huge fee and wages to the media at this time of global financial crisis.

Expect the words 'instalments' and 'heavily incentivised' to be liberally used.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I assume it will be our fault Noods...

City will be our only threat next season. United can buy who they want, they spent £130 m on two defenders last summer and still only qualified for CL on the final day. They'll need a better manager than Solskjaer if they want the big trophies, i hope he's there for a while.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

They still have Sanchez on their books till 2022
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8196791/Alexis-Sanchez-ready-stick-Manchester-United-contract-June-2022.html
    He might also have £1n per year bonus just for turning up. Very very expensive player. Who can they offload him to?

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    City will be our only threat next season. United can buy who they want, they spent £130 m on two defenders last summer and still only qualified for CL on the final day. They'll need a better manager than Solskjaer if they want the big trophies, i hope he's there for a while.
    OGS was a brilliant sub because he really studied the game whilst he was sat on the bench. And so he could identify how to change the game when he came on.
    He may be relatively new in PL management but underestimate him at your peril!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    OGS was a brilliant sub because he really studied the game whilst he was sat on the bench. And so he could identify how to change the game when he came on.
    I'll be thinking i'm on the wrong team's forum if i see many more comments bigging up that club, it's players and manager.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Not just that, i'm sure he's talking to Alex ferguson etc behind the scenes to