Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They're very fixable with the right Manager - though they haven't found the correct one yet - and thank Fowler for that!
    I'm not sure they're that fixable, quite a number of their squad leave an awful lot to be desired, I'm not saying this because it's them, I just think Pochettino for instance, would really struggle to make a top four side and a good football side out of what they have there and they're not just 1 or 2 windows under a new manager away from fixing that, they're 6 maybe 8 windows away from fixing that.

In their position, there's no guaranteeing that they'll get the players they need or want because several clubs who are far more attractive propositions except to the mercenary types who have been their problem, will be preferred destinations for the very best players, 1st and 2nd tier and they were never able to attract the world's very best players even in their pomp.

I'm not sure their fans or board will have the patience to back a manager to do things as they need to be done, as it involves developing a way of playing, by adopting a system and being brave and sticking to it and developing the players within it to play it as the manager wants whatever results it produces top four wise through the first 2 seasons at least

They also have the issue of holding on to their best players, all though they only have Rashford and Pogba who anyone serious would want, and I'm pretty certain Real Madrid are going to come calling for both this summer, Rashford I understand and for an Italian or Spanish giant Pogba too, I don't think Pogba will ever be a huge success in the Premier League, I think Rashford could be successful at Real or Barca and would be far better off there than wasting his career while the filthy try and get their shit together, De Gea's a top keeper, but which serious club need a new top keeper right now? Then they've got the issue of their paying many of their reasonably talented, but no-one's really sure what they are or what they'd fit into players who are on grossly inflated salaries and they paid well over the odds for to shift, in this respect having loads of money and offering silly wages to try and buy their way out of trouble has actually hindered them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

They also have the issue that their are two absolutely top class managers already in the league in Jurgen and Pep, then after those two there are several very good managers who have already gone about setting up their vision for their team and club the right way and are two or more seasons down the line in that or who have started that process the correct way immediately although are only just into their job in Nuno at Wolves, Arteta at Arsenal, Rodgers at Leicester, Lampard at Chelsea, Wilder at Sheffield UTD and then there's Mourinho whose best times as a manager because of how the game has developed are behind him I believe, but who is still an absolute world class anti football spoiler who could still produce a result against even the very best sides on his best days.

Where are they going to find a manager who can usurp all of those over 4, 5 or 6 seasons? Guardiola managing City in their back yard and being a far bigger lure for players than anyone they could appoint is also a huge problem for them, and will remain a huge obstacle for them all the while they are the second best team in their City, so they've really got their work cut out

Hahaha.....

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

United's thrashing of poor Tranmere will hopefully give Ole another month at least in the job.
    Can't help thinking their probable wage structure will either hold them back or attract some aging superstars to further hold them back in competitiveness.

Stan and Ole...

Must be said though - Stan looks more like Ole..

He is really delusional. Just caught the headline on the BBC. "sanchez will comeback and prove you all wrong"
    Sanchez is only coming back because they cant fking shift him and no one is gonna pay his 500 thousand a week wages
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

United will have more money than most clubs for some time yet, so we're reliant upon two teams (outside of ourselves and City, who you'd imagine will finish Top Four for the next 2-4 seasons at least) to become fairly consistent, fairly quickly.
    They have more money now and they always did have more money in the old days too. They used to outspend us even when we were winning everything and they were also rans (that’s how I remember it anyway). It’s not about net spend - this is the thing that should be becoming obvious by now. Their net spend is currently miles ahead of ours - only City are further ahead - but it isn’t being spent wisely.
    The fans are against Edwards and their walkout is against the club executives, not the manager or even the team.
    That dynamic could take much longer to fix than one might imagine. Remember Mourinho was making noises about this as a pundit a few weeks ago - how well LFC and City are run and how that is the context within which the manager succeeds or fails.

It’s completely typical for a club in their phase of development to have Sanchez on loan at 400k per week or whatever it is, Pogba under threat of being sold for the last few seasons, Wan Bissaka not turning out to be any good going forward.

Also, they are stalling on the deal for Fernandes - something that never used to happen with them. Is that because they are really fiscally disciplined or is because their hearts aren’t really in the deal? That, despite Nineteenx’s excellent scouting reports, they just aren’t sure whether he’d turn out to be yet another big flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It’s completely typical for a club in their phase of development to have Sanchez on loan at 400k per week or whatever it is, Pogba under threat of being sold for the last few seasons, Wan Bissaka not turning out to be any good going forward.

Also, they are stalling on the deal for Fernandes - something that never used to happen with them. Is that because they are really fiscally disciplined or is because their hearts aren’t really in the deal? That, despite Nineteenx’s excellent scouting reports, they just aren’t sure whether he’d turn out to be yet another big flop.
    They shouldn't spend any money until the summer, they should create a plan for how they want to play, stick with it, whoever they're playing, be brave, work out which players are going to perform which roles in the specifics of their system, go until the end of the season doing that to know which players can do what they want and the specific roles in that system, which players have the mentality to play it, and be building their summer transfer list from what they learn about the players they have and who can play as they want to and has the mentality and heart to play as they want to and go from there.

I'd say Fernandes would be a good player for any team, but all the players I really rate I do so because I can see where they would fit into our system, we have a system, they don't, and I can see how those players would benefit from playing and training with our current players and being surrounded daily by their mentality to continually work hard to improve, develop and evolve, all of it based on playing to a specific system and way of playing and developing and evolving the team and individually in their roles in it, the filthy don't have any of that.

In the filthy's current situation and environment and under their current manager and coaching team, there is a very real possibility that any big signing they make could slide backwards quite dramatically, which would make their situation even worse, the best thing they can do right now is not sign anyone, set out a very clear plan for how they want to play and what each players role is, go with that until the end of the season, then look to move out players and bring in players

Edit: Or, they could sack Solksjaer and his staff now and bring in Erik Ten Hag from Ajax or Simeone from Atletico for example and their coaching team and start afresh with a manager who has a system of playing and do as above until the summer

Rather than sign any more players their priority big signing should be a manager with a clear ethos of how he likes to play who'll stick with it and not pussio around sticking 11 men behind the ball every time he come up against a top side
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 28th January 2020 at 05:37 PM.

Barca are now in talks with Fernandes. That should be a hard choice for the lad 😂😂