Page 53 of 113 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063103 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

You're an allowed an opinion of course Justme. It's just sometimes itll get called out if someone disagrees.
    We had Owen who scored a bucket load, I wouldnt say any of the others were among the best in the world.
    When he took over the culture was still drinking and crap like pie and mash for lunch. Theres was a massive discipline problem from players pinging balls at the managers head to shagging his daughter. We were in a dogs mess.
    He changed all of that, made the players look after themselves better and got rid of all the shit in the squad who were just picking their wages up.
    He brought some fantastic players to the club and put faith in some youngsters in a time when we could not compete with Utd,Arsenal or even Chelsea for top signatures.
    Put it this way, had LFC got that appointment wrong we would probably have sunk without trace we were so far behind so personally that's why I think GH deserves to be credited much more. A cup treble thats never been matched isnt lucky. The great LFC teams of the past were often second best in performance but the results are what goes down in history.

You can never win enough trophies, No matter which ones they are.

Not strictly true... if you won every single Trophy you entered then by definition that would “have to be” enough.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not strictly true... if you won every single Trophy you entered then by definition that would “have to be” enough.
    "There's still everything to play for and FOREVER TO PLAY it in - so that's the football, coming up, watch, watch the football, watch it, IT'S GONNA MOVE, watch the football, IT'S FOOTBALL!!!'

"...as the giants of Shrewsbury (?) take on the titans of Ipswich (?), making them both seem normal-sized."
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    "There's still everything to play for and FOREVER TO PLAY it in - so that's the football, coming up, watch, watch the football, watch it, IT'S GONNA MOVE, watch the football, IT'S FOOTBALL!!!'
    I thought I was in a match thread with 19x for a minute
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    "...as the giants of Shrewsbury (?) take on the titans of Ipswich (?), making them both seem normal-sized."
    Titans >> Giants

Therefore ()... Ipswich are a huge club relative to the more normal sized Shrewsbury.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Titans >> Giants

Therefore ()... Ipswich are a huge club relative to the more normal sized Shrewsbury.

I love Mitchell.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

"Constant, year-long, dizzying, 4-hour, endless Football, every kick of it massively mattering to someone presumably!"

I love Mitchell.
    Fair enough, though he knows fook all about giants and titans.