Page 79 of 113 FirstFirst ... 296972737475767778798081828384858689 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Pogba HAS to stay, he's such a brilliant disruptive influence
    Nobody will be able to afford what the Mancs will likely ask for him in January.
    At least none of the clubs he'll likely want to go to (Juventus, PSG, Real Madrid).
    And of those clubs, Real and Juve will likely be prioritizing getting Mbappe if they do have a few bob hidden somewhere under the sofa, while PSG will be making a play for Messi to try and re-unite him with Neymar in case Mbappe leaves.

Barca are in no (financial) shape to be buying big, and he wouldn't fit the system there anyway.

Besides which, the Mancs don't even have to sell him if they don't want to, and while they may not want to lose him for nothing, having him tied down to a contract expiring in 2022, means that they can sit on their thumbs and do nothing come January and then see what the market looks like in the summer.
    And then they still have one more January window after that to try to flog him off (although I don't know how that window will work with the World Cup in the winter then - which is usually the best venue to put disgruntled players in the shop window).

In the meantime, the rest of us get to burst open a bag of popcorn, kick back and enjoy the show.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

he'll probably go out on loan somewhere

Be funny if they fail tonight and end up in the Europa.

Popcorn on stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Be funny if they fail tonight and end up in the Europa.

Popcorn on stand by.
    That would be glorious. RBL have enough to beat them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

For a massive club. their record in the European/Champions league leaves a lot to be desired. 3 wins in 50 years
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Despite every effort from the ref and VAR to help the Filthy out with a pen that never was and a Pogba header that hit Fat heads raised fist they crash out of the Champions League
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Tbf to Ole he should be given time after shipping pogba d disruptor out in January irrespective of which European cup they are in

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    he'll probably go out on loan somewhere
    Ooooooooooh can he go on loan to a Europa League side that knocks them out courtesy of a late Pogba pen where he celebrates?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    For a massive club. their record in the European/Champions league leaves a lot to be desired. 3 wins in 50 years
    You'd have loved their pen that never should have been Justme, Konate runs along side Greendick, doesn't stick a foot in, stands up, Greendick flings his leg out into the defender and throws himself to ground, which we all know you love
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    In May it will be 10 seasons since they reached the Champion's League Final in 2011, when they were beaten by Barcelona at Wembley.

In that period United have won two individual Champion's League knock-out matches - at Home to Olympiakos in 2014 and Away to PSG in 2018.

Long may their fall continue.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay