Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

I'll be absolutely ecstatic if we win the league and retain the Champions League this season, I would be absolutely over the moon if we could win the League, retain Champions League and win the FA Cup and complete an unprecedented quintuple, that would shut the cunts up forever, all of them not just the filthy, imagine a team pulling that off in the game as it is today, it would be absolutely incredible
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Also when bitter Keane was losing it with Carra and Souness winding him up after our recent 2-0 bumming of the filthy and he piped up, and I quote "Well teams can win the Champions League now without even winning the league!" why did neither of them slap him down and remind him that his lot are forever harping back to their treble when 79 points was good enough to win the Premier League, pre Chelsea and pre City and there was no VAR and decisions most definitely did NOT 'even themselves out over the season' and guess what, they finished 2nd in 97/98
    So of Real Madrids 7 champions league wins we should take away 4 wins because they hadn't won the league

Chelsea too didnt win the Champions League either

Hmmm makes sense

Bit like liverpool being called liverpool; when if VAR was introduced; we would have won the league in 2009 2014 and 2019

Bit like the premier league is a shit level this year... even if man u and man c have spent near a billion pound over the last 5 years to win it

Or like we are lucky liverpool
    Hmm again city and united scoring last minute goals to win the league or champions league
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

*LiVARpool

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    *LiVARpool
    Lol with the VAR decisions we've had against us that have been game changing this season, and we've just got on with it and overcome it to get the win except for at old toilet when it ended in a draw, I can't help but laugh that some opposition fans call us that, I'm not talking about VAR ruling something out because it was a clear and obvious error, I'm talking about ones VAR got badly wrong that went against us, not ruling out goals/penalties that were scored/given as a result of clear and obvious errors by referees and ruling out goals as a clear and obvious error when the ref had made the right call, the Rashford goal at old toilet was a clear and obvious error as there was a very clear foul on Origi, the Bobby goal at Anfield was incorrectly ruled as a clear and obvious error when the ref had got it right for example

I've always been fair when it comes to decisions, always called it if/when we've got away with one, which hasn't been very often at all, most of our fans are pretty straight about it too

I'll never forget that insane red card Masch got against United for smiling at the ref. Such a disgrace.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

The one that gets me is when Hyppia was sent off at Old Trafford. He made a genuine attempt to get the ball well inside the box, he caught the player. They got the penalty. That was enough punishment. He got sent off because he was the last man in on goal but they were about 4 yards from the line so it was impossible for anyone else to be closer to the goal. A surreal decision inside the first quarter of the game.

The time they got a pen for an absolutely brilliant and perfect tackle on Valencia by Hendo, I was absolutely livid, because the tackle was just perfection, Hendo was steaming after him, he slid alongside him, not through him, and as Valencia was about to pull the trigger to put the ball across the face he turned his footwards at the ankle knocking it away from him, Valencia threw himself to ground as the filthy's players always do - penalty, when we should have all been talking about an absolutely incredible tackle

A game of their v Fulham in the 08/09 run in I think, Ferdinand takes their player out, he's last man, penalty, yellow card when it should have been red, then with the scores level he does it again, last man takes their lad out, should have been a nailed on pen and another straight red, impossible to give the pen and not book his again at least, so the ref waves it away, Ronaldo goes up the other end and scores a late winner for the filthy

You should youtube the game they ended Arsenal's unbeaten run, an absolute fucking disgrace of refereeing from Mike Riley, let challenges go that were a straight red even then, let tactical fouls and persistent fouls go all game, literally let them kick them off the pitch, I think it was Phil Neville's foul count was 21 he belatedly booked him with about a minute of the game left AND gave them a penalty that was never a pen for a Rooney dive. Even as a lifelong Liverpool fan I had a soft spot for that Arsenal team as they were just a great football team and really good to watch, shhhhh don't tell anyone

Agger on Berbatov.

Kenny's return.

Roy Carroll in goals for them and the ball was over the line about 1 metre and the goal wasn't given.
    No one got more dodgy decisions than them over the last 30 years. A funny coincidence that.