Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxlade

love Oxo Cube

one of his first after match interviews when the Snyde interviewer was trying to catch Phil out....The Cube jumped in and put the interviewer in his place........

Top Boy
    Last edited by shminkyred; 30th January 2020 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    First half he was good. Didnt do much 2nd half.
    Only scored a goal

Oxlade is brilliant
    Great tenacity
    Works unselfishly

Improving every game

(After a massive injury)

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Oxlade is brilliant
    Great tenacity
    Works unselfishly

Improving every game

(After a massive injury)
    Quite right Dicko
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Only scored a goal
    Wrong game Dicko.

Wrong game Dicko.
    It isn't Tees, this was a continuation of talking about Oxlade after his West Ham goal and performance Edit: Oops, yes your comment Dicko responded to was from the prior game

Wrong game Dicko.
    Ok Tees mate
    So what do you think about Ox?
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

I'm backing Oxlade to keep working hard to improve, to work on being a player for all occasions who CAN develop into a hybrid of a Hendo/Gini No8 and a Keita No8, who CAN be the first option we look to to give Mane or Mo a rest. That was a huge goal for Oxlade v West Ham, he has been frustrated, but he need look no further than his captain for inspiration and look at what Fabinho was already trying to do differently on the back of Hendo's incredible performances at No6 in his absence raising the bar in the position.

Oxlade was essential when he first arrived and was making huge contributions every game, it's hard enough to come back as strong as he has from an injury that kept you out for so long, most players have a huge battle to get back to the levels they were at before they were out, Oxlade's battle is even harder, because the team and all the other players have worked so hard to improve, develop in evolve and are continually looking to get even better, so the bar is a lot higher now than before he was out, so he has come back to a situation where he's fighting and working exceptionally hard to come back and push himself well above his levels prior to be out.

He should take inspiration from all the other players around him and particularly Hendo who was until recently constantly under rated and under appreciated by far too many people, but it did not bother Hendo one bit, he kept working harder than ever to learn, improve and develop, pushing himself constantly as he continues to and he's STILL improving, you only need to look at the incredible level he's set the bar at for playing No6 in this side in Fabinho's absence and you can't fail to be inspired and now Oxlade has to follow Hendo's phenomenal example and do the same with is game and develop himself into a player who can be a huge contributor in 2 or 3 positions as Hendo has

Edit: I don't know what he has been doing in respect of this, but he did really very well in the second half v West Ham in emulating the runs, positions and link play that is so important to the team functioning that Mane gives us and scored a brilliant goal, showed great positioning and anticipation, a great turn of pace when Mo played that glorious ball for him, great strength to stay on his feet and brilliant determination and composure to quickly regain his balance and take a great touch out of feet on the run to set himself for the finish, brilliant stuff. If I were in his position I'd probably be knocking on the door of our video analysis department and getting hold of footage to study and be working even harder on everything I needed to be doing to best support the team being successful as a No8 and attacking No8 and as an option for LFWD and RFWD He can be an incredible player for this team and I'm sure he'll continue putting in all the hard work necessary to make sure he is
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 31st January 2020 at 07:49 AM.

Ok Tees mate
    So what do you think about Ox?
    I just think hes a good midfielder. Hes consistently "decent" in my opinion. Doesnt perform at a high enough level to guarantee his starting place. If Gini,Hendo and Fab are all fully fit and firing he doesnt get in the side fir me. Not by a stretch.
    He has very good games at times but theyre not often enough

A fine display and a crucial break through goal, talk about performing the Mane role