Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Quite true but looks to have all the ability you could need... A long long way to go, but he doesn’t look far off being used in the first team.
    Definitely a good up and coming player with a lot of quality, but a hell of a lot to learn, needs to develop a much better team mentality and stop glory hunting, was awol from his position playing at LFWD chasing glory when he was supposed to be in the Gini LCM role when we were leading 2-0 with their lad who caused all our problems breezing through the area he was supposed to be in time and time again in the first game, and could have put a goal on a plate for any one of two of our lads before their own goal tonight but went looking for the glory again.

The lad needs to learn it's the mentality, team ethic and discipline that will get him first team opportunities quicker, not sacrificing those things chasing glory goals
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 5th February 2020 at 12:26 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Start him every game / or minimum 15mins

Not for me

Why not

Overrated VERY overrated, had some nice touches and was brave with the ball tonight, but created nothing, didn't link well with Robbo or Origi (although Origi doesn't link well at LFWD) went awol from LCM loads of times in the game which was unhelpful, didn't release Robbo or Origi once

He went awol from LCM chasing glory at 2-0 up against Shrewsbury in the 2-2 and the lad who created their 2 goals was just running at will at his leisure, unchallenged through where Jones was supposed to be, I don't have time or patience for Gerrard wannabes who think they're better than they are and lack discipline to hold their position and do the basics in the position they're 'supposed to be playing'

I get really bored with local lads getting over hyped, he's no Gerrard, Fowler, Owen or MacManaman, he's not even close to bringing anything like what they brought to the team yet

I'd have played Origi centrally and given Jones a crack on the left. Is that where he usually plays?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Overrated VERY overrated, had some nice touches and was brave with the ball tonight, but created nothing, didn't link well with Robbo or Origi (although Origi doesn't link well at LFWD) went awol from LCM loads of times in the game which was unhelpful, didn't release Robbo or Origi once

He went awol from LCM chasing glory at 2-0 up against Shrewsbury in the 2-2 and the lad who created their 2 goals was just running at will at his leisure, unchallenged through where Jones was supposed to be, I don't have time or patience for Gerrard wannabes who think they're better than they are and lack discipline to hold their position and do the basics in the position they're 'supposed to be playing'

I get really bored with local lads getting over hyped, he's no Gerrard, Fowler, Owen or MacManaman, he's not even close to bringing anything like what they brought to the team yet
    Youd love my son ;
    Massive discipline, holds position, plays in the no8 role; will play the forward ball to inside right or left, early ball; or to the full back; plays it simple. Fights forg the team, runs unselfishly for the team ; gets goals , gets assists a true team player, humble, down to earth , listens to instructions.... whatelse...

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I'd have played Origi centrally and given Jones a crack on the left. Is that where he usually plays?
    I wouldn't have started Mane and would have played Jones at LFWD he hasn't got the discipline to play at LCM and I have been critical of him playing there, he is only a young lad and very talented and it seems to me that he just reverts to where he mostly plays and starts ending up at LFWD or more central positions he drifts into when playing at LFWD, i wouldn't start him at LCM No8 again, he should get chances off the bench at LFWD ahead of Origi if I'm being entirely fair to the lad

He would be getting the minutes Lallana gets for me now he is a talented kid.

He isnt the finished article who is at 19, he WILL make mistakes but he looks a first team squad player to me.

He has a touch of arrogance about him not always a bad thing along as he dont turn into a Bobby Duncan.

For CL game I think Klopp will go Gini Hendo Ox.

I am not turning on Fabinho he has proved to me he is a quality player he is just in bad form.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He would be getting the minutes Lallana gets for me now he is a talented kid.

He isnt the finished article who is at 19, he WILL make mistakes but he looks a first team squad player to me.

He has a touch of arrogance about him not always a bad thing along as he dont turn into a Bobby Duncan.

For CL game I think Klopp will go Gini Hendo Ox.

I am not turning on Fabinho he has proved to me he is a quality player he is just in bad form.
    Fab is a great player, just having a mare at the moment. He'll be fine. If we beat Atletico we'll need him big time after that in the later rounds.