Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Thread: New Boot Room

New Boot Room

Growing up I used to hear these mythical tales of the Boot Room..where Bob learned his trade...

Saw this article which made me wonder if Klopp is trying to set up that kind of structure again.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2020/0...in-the-future/

Wouldn't that just be fantastic if it was to happen. Klopp really is the modern day Shankly IMO. He inspires players and staff alike.. Hopefully this is the beginning of 'The Boot Room' Part Deux..

Theres a great book that was out years ago called the boot room boys. Its spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Wouldn't that just be fantastic if it was to happen. Klopp really is the modern day Shankly IMO. He inspires players and staff alike.. Hopefully this is the beginning of 'The Boot Room' Part Deux..
    It would be fantastic for Jurgen to build a boot room dynasty that lasts for at least another 40 years
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It would be fantastic for Jurgen to build a boot room dynasty that lasts for at least another 40 years
    I always thought that would be the case with united....if Moyes hadn't ripped up the infastructure he could have been sitting pretty...

Can you imagine what old whiskey nose is feeling now.....he built the dynasty then had a big hand in bringing it down

Continuity is the key to success. When Klopp leaves, it's absolutely crucial that the structure of the back room (boot room) staff is solid. I don't want a new manager coming in and bringing a whole new set of coaches, assistants etc. with him. In the ideal world we recruit from within and build on what's already there.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

exactly.......I'm starting to think FSG have actually learnt by their mistakes of the past....and might actually have the sense to keep this infastruvture in place!!

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I always thought that would be the case with united....if Moyes hadn't ripped up the infastructure he could have been sitting pretty...

Can you imagine what old whiskey nose is feeling now.....he built the dynasty then had a big hand in bringing it down
    No one man is bigger than the club. He was bigger than Man United. Now they're reaping the consequences.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Continuity is the key to success. When Klopp leaves, it's absolutely crucial that the structure of the back room (boot room) staff is solid. I don't want a new manager coming in and bringing a whole new set of coaches, assistants etc. with him. In the ideal world we recruit from within and build on what's already there.
    Completely agree, continuity is the key to success and I trust FSG understand that too, I expect it to be evident in our summer recruitment also with 2 or 3 top players of the right age coming in to contribute immediately and be approaching or at their peak in 2-4 years times when 2 or 3 others are slowing up a little. I think given the mentality and evolution of the team getting players in a couple of seasons early for positions we have ageing players in is key to that continuity also
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”