Page 121 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2171111114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Alright butt??....Pontypool here....
    Hello, boyo

I think this is the first time in my adult life I've had to be house bound for more than a day or so. It's bloody hard considering you can't get out .

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I think this is the first time in my adult life I've had to be house bound for more than a day or so. It's bloody hard considering you can't get out .
    Have you got the virus?

Anyone think the club will back down over the furlough?
    One politician has said that the public will take a very dim view of clubs using this system instead of paying from their own pockets. Absolutely true. Football clubs are in the spotlight over this now and with the likes of City saying they wont do it, it in turn makes LFC look worse. I'm stunned there hasnt been a statement yet and will be further infuriated if nothing happens.
    This is without doubt FSGs biggest fuck up since the Kenny debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Have you got the virus?
    No, but being my own boss since I was 21, I can come and go as I please without anyone or anything telling me I can't. Even to the bloody shop or a drive. Even the routine of getting up to go to work I'm starting to miss !!
    I've a couple of new houses on a site with all the materials in them. If this keeps up I might end up going and doing them myself !!

ThisIsAnfield is reporting that Klopp is to take a pay cut

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/04/jurgen-klopp-to-take-pay-cut-as-premier-league-wage-debate-rolls-on/?utm_source=webpush

but on readng the article it only says that he is willing to take a pay cut

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Anyone think the club will back down over the furlough?
    One politician has said that the public will take a very dim view of clubs using this system instead of paying from their own pockets. Absolutely true. Football clubs are in the spotlight over this now and with the likes of City saying they wont do it, it in turn makes LFC look worse. I'm stunned there hasnt been a statement yet and will be further infuriated if nothing happens.
    This is without doubt FSGs biggest fuck up since the Kenny debacle.
    The public take a dim view for about a few days then something else comes along. We took a dim view of MPs fiddling expenses, then there was celebrity tax avoidance, politicians lying about Brexit, Man City's financial manoeuvring, Prince Andrew's dodgy friend, nobody cares enough to march on the streets and anyway we're not allowed to.

For anyone who has not seen what a devastating and unforgiving impact and illness this virus bears then I suggest they look at this report from Sky News reporter Stuart Ramsay (it lasts 44 minutes). It is really quite disturbing in many places:

'Sky News' Special Correspondent Stuart Ramsay charts the days when coronavirus spread from China to ravage Northern Italy'
    https://news.sky.com/video/special-report-into-the-red-zone-11967694

Perhaps this fullness is coming our way soon if we do not heed the advice
    Last edited by scientificred; 6th April 2020 at 01:16 PM. Reason: add title

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    The public take a dim view for about a few days then something else comes along. We took a dim view of MPs fiddling expenses, then there was celebrity tax avoidance, politicians lying about Brexit, Man City's financial manoeuvring, Prince Andrew's dodgy friend, nobody cares enough to march on the streets and anyway we're not allowed to.
    It doesn't make it any less shit though. Mud sticks.

man-city boss Pep Guardiola, mum as died after contracting covid19. Sorry to hear that RIP. what a world we are living in right now
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century