Page 5 of 248 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It has caused Dele Alli a few issues on social media !

What a doughnut.
    All these players earning millions upon millions of pounds, yet they've barely got a dozen brain cells between a lot of them.

Just got a text from my dr's saying if i've been in contact with someone or been in china last 2 weeks, to stay in the house.

Bit drastic no?

I'm telling you, we're all getting corona'd

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Just got a text from my dr's saying if i've been in contact with someone or been in china last 2 weeks, to stay in the house.

Bit drastic no?

I'm telling you, we're all getting corona'd
    Stay indoors Kev and play your The Knack records to death.

Myyyyy Corona....... Yo!
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Italy a lot of games postponed

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Italy a lot of games postponed
    Due to corona virus? How and why? Surely their national health authority is on top of people arriving from affected areas and quaranteening them? If they're not, then that throws up great potential for it to spread throughout Europe
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Due to corona virus? How and why? Surely their national health authority is on top of people arriving from affected areas and quaranteening them? If they're not, then that throws up great potential for it to spread throughout Europe
    No swine flu

Inter Milan's home game against Sampdoria is among four Serie A fixtures on Sunday postponed over fears of the spread of coronavirus.

The suspension was announced by Italian prime minister Giuseppe Conte at a news conference on Saturday.

"Minister of Sport [Vincenzo] Spadafora intends to suspend all sporting events planned for Sunday in the Veneto and Lombardy regions," Conte said.

taly has introduced "extraordinary measures" to tackle the spread of the biggest outbreak of the new coronavirus in Europe.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced the emergency plan late as the number of cases rose to more than 100.

The measures were imposed after two Italian citizens were confirmed to have died from the virus.

A dozen towns in the northern regions of Lombardy and Veneto have been effectively quarantined under the plan.

Around 50,000 people from towns in two northern regions have been asked to stay at home by authorities.

Ya all was laughing at me

It looks like it's already impacted the Six Nations Rugby with the Ireland v Italy match facing being postponed.

And several Serie A matches to be played behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    It looks like it's already impacted the Six Nations Rugby with the Ireland v Italy match facing being postponed.

And several Serie A matches to be played behind closed doors.
    Getting out of hand, only a matter of time until a big outbreak in UK

Not looking great
    Figures looking at 1/100 deaths if contracted
    Mostly elderly, or people with illnesses already

Wash your hands
    Dont rub your eyes / nose / mouth

Back of my mind is playing games behind closed doors

Or games postponed...

What are the likely contingency plans

Looks like it's spreading because of poor initial measures in some places, Italy have only taken the measures that were taken in the UK since there were confirmed cases and deaths, really not good enough. I didn't agree with Brits working abroad who had it being brought back, sounds harsh, but you go and live and work somewhere and get a new virus that's a potential pandemic, stay where you are and be treated there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”