Page 112 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1262102105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I have, although you don't have to meet people to reach that conclusion, if you people watch, listen to their conversations, study their interactions and have a lifetimes experience of doing it, and for every 1 really decent person you meet, there are thousands of others who are complete bellends, it's a very fair conclusion
    I dont get that vibe in Ireland. It night depend on the circles you mix in but in my experience the further up the ladder you go in terms of prestige in jobs and perceived class the more self serving people tend to get. I'm an electrician by trade and I'd say 80% of the lads I meet on site are pretty sound. Maybe they might have issues behind the scenes with drugs or alcahol or being a bit mad in some cases but decent lads who'll help you out. Same in my home town. The lads that like the banter and craic are the lads that would loan you a score when your stuck.

I'm taking an online degree in my spare time in mechatronics which has brought me into contact with some people already from an engineering background and fuck me but some of them don't half think the sun shines out of their arse. No matter what you say you've achieved or are trying to achieve they already did it or something better. I hate these type of people. Most of it is pure bulkshit then too because they dont have a fcuking clue about the technical stuufcwhen we are doing assignments. I believe most people in life are inherently good though but make bad calls and decisions at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s immoral to pay a footballer £600,000 a week while a nurse gets £25,000 a year!!!

This is the real issue
    And the UK government import cheap labour to cover up their 25 years failure to educate people in their own territories! !

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You can reprogram yourself pretty easily, I spent years doing it, mindfulness and self awareness plays a big part in it as you are applying more complex CBT to yourself to fix issues or behaviours that you have identified as undesirable through the same method as you learn to do other things to create strong neural pathways, so it becomes something you do automatically.

What happened to me with the Manc workplace episode and subsequent fall out was that they came in and effectively smashed the circuitry containing 30 years of painstaking programming, layers on layers on layers of it, into a million pieces.

One of the difficulties is I always had an extreme aversion to our society, developed from the age of 14, I spent the vast majority of my working life in a bubble away from it for that very reason and every time I tried to fully engage in it, it ended in trauma that reinforced my severe aversion to it.

One of the assumptions of CBT which in my opinion makes it fatally flawed, is that it relies almost entirely on people having strong pro society related aspirational and interaction, goal orientated, highly developed neural pathways and the therapy as they use it is to try and steer people back to that existing pathway, in my case, that pathway never existed.

A lot of the neuro plasticity and self programming studies rubbish the first 7 years theory, I was watching a show last night about a spree killer in America, it had absolutely nothing to do with his first 7 years, he developed paranoid schizophrenia at 16, numerous psychological reports unaminously reached that conclusion.

There are a lot of cases in which people are defined by their first 7 years because they never make any attempt to reprogram or self develop or take responsibility for their poor behaviour and traits
    So how to recover from traumas in a life.
    To cope with grief, living with society, trying to fit in with the 'adopted' way of life ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    So how to recover from traumas in a life.
    To cope with grief, living with society, trying to fit in with the 'adopted' way of life ?
    I recovered several times, but it was always through going back to the music industry away from society in general, the key difference this time that I'm acutely aware of is in the wrong environment the PTSD the Manc work place episode left me with is really very dangerous. I'm not getting into why it is really dangerous, just trust me on that and it recurred on 3 or 4 attempts to start again and that was combined with them wrecking 30 odd years of programming that among other things was to curb my own worst traits and put in place loads and loads of filters to try and get by and not let the poor behaviour and bullshit behaviour of too many people in general society negatively affect me.

The PTSD is a subconscious defence reaction and with all my extensively programmed 'bullshitometers' broken, I can't do it, it doesn't work and it's dangerous. I actually spoke to a couple of Afghanistan vets on a train a few years back, I was a bit embarrassed, as one of them had lost his leg from the knee down, but they seemed intent to get it out of me how it had come about. When I explained it to them they straight out said "you were effectively tortured for 2 and a half years, of course you're going to have PTSD, you're a torture victim" going on to explain that in the Army they'd been prepared (as well as anyone can be) for torture in the event they were captured and that preparation was mostly focused on modern torture being continual day in day out mental torment rather than water boarding, thumb screws, getting beatings that most people think of.

What pretty much happens is: People behave like dicks, PTSD kicks in, that triggers a bipolar episode, I'm straight back to where I was when I was at my very worst mental state - repeat - repeat - repeat

I still obviously have episodes, but in my current almost stress free environment, away from society in general, they're far less severe and more manageable. I realised recently that I had numerous episodes when I was doing my music work, but they were largely hypomania episodes, which in that environment wasn't a negative thing, everyone just thinks you're hyper active, over enthusiastic, work really hard, do great work and believe in magic. I had definite patterns of hypo manic epsiodes on tour and depressive episodes during extended breaks when there wasn't much gigging to be had
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The brain is very under explored entity that no-one is anywhere near to properly understanding

I've had so many bizarre experiences, I don't know if they were episodes, if they were the brain trying to develop and find new stuff and shutting down other things while trying to do it.

In my mid twenties I'd quite often have sort of blackouts, sort of semi conscious, but forced to lie down in my room, I'd have numerous apocalyptic visions and images rapidly flashing through my head, followed by deep space travelling, then a white flash like it had found what it was looking for, then be ok again, some times these lasted minutes, sometime I'd lose half an hour or more

I've had numerous experiences of travelling in dreams, really weird, recurring dreams, I was getting up, going out, driving, or walking, going to places, but I was invisible, opening doors, the doors showing all the actions of opening, but no me, no hands or anything else, getting in the lift to go to the ground floor, looking at the mirror seeing an empty lift. I don't recall encountering anyone else in them, the streets were all empty

Numerous experiences of third person while conscious, very weird again, like you're watching yourself and what you're doing in your day to day from a third person camera from just behind and above the rear right side of your head

Weird dreams of walking endlessly across beaches strewn with blood splatter and severed limbs littering the beach and coming out of the sand like they were plants and trees
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

See the pfa have apparently written to players warning against taking pay cuts without consulting them first. Sky had it on Instagram and when I went to comment it was deleted.

Belgium cancel their league. Brugge champions, gent in cl no relegation and 2 promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Belgium cancel their league. Brugge champions, gent in cl no relegation and 2 promoted.
    Fair enough they were 15 points clear.............surely nobody could dispute that

Bit tougher on the CL places, 2nd and 4th were separated by just 2 points.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Fair enough they were 15 points clear.............surely nobody could dispute that

Bit tougher on the CL places, 2nd and 4th were separated by just 2 points.
    Encouraging for us that they are setting this sort of precedent though I think. Setting a blueprint so to speak.

Nah, better to finish the games we have left and win it '100% properly'.....
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!