Page 98 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4888919293949596979899100101102103104105108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    My view of this now is that we will probably look back on it as a massive over-reaction, and one which may yet wreck the global economy causing all kinds of misery, poverty, disease and death in the process. I could be wrong, but that's my view.

Have a read of this report from Italy by a Swiss doctor. There's all kinds of info in the updates below as well which do nothing to dispel the suspicions of those who can't work out if this response is really warranted. These aren't the only of such reports but none of this seems to make its way into the media at the moment. Contains such nuggets as;

"According to the latest European monitoring report, overall mortality in all countries (including Italy) and in all age groups remains within or even below the normal range so far."

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/
    I think the reaction now is absolutely necessary, I don't think it should have been necessary and has only been necessary because we live in a society in which the majority of people are selfish, self serving and do not have a single ounce of common sense

I've not been afraid of death or dying for a very long time now, it just doesn't bother, concern or alarm me, I forget that almost everyone else really worries about it and gets hysterical about things, yet they still can't stop themselves from doing incredibly stupid things and not applying common sense.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

A big day today for us self employed especially us who employ. From what I'm hearing we will still have to pay employees 80% of their current weekly wage even though we're not bringing in a wage ourselves and then claim it back . Which we may not get until late April.
    So I'll have to go to the bank and ask for a bigger over draft and get into more debt.
    Or do I just tell them they are out of a job and to sign on and not have any of this bother. Then when it gets back up and running I'll employ them again.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    A big day today for us self employed especially us who employ. From what I'm hearing we will still have to pay employees 80% of their current weekly wage even though we're not bringing in a wage ourselves and then claim it back . Which we may not get until late April.
    So I'll have to go to the bank and ask for a bigger over draft and get into more debt.
    Or do I just tell them they are out of a job and to sign on and not have any of this bother. Then when it gets back up and running I'll employ them again.
    Thing is and what I'm worried about too will there be a massive downturn after all this in which case it would be layoffs anyway. I work in construction in the republic but mostly on large industrial projects so I'm hoping that on e this eases the fact that weve just began a new project means at least we get to finish it but youd never know.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Thing is and what I'm worried about too will there be a massive downturn after all this in which case it would be layoffs anyway. I work in construction in the republic but mostly on large industrial projects so I'm hoping that on e this eases the fact that weve just began a new project means at least we get to finish it but youd never know.
    The amount of red tape housing builders have to go through is unbelievable. It actually would put you off ever thinking of doing it. They've reports on this, reports for that and they can never get a definitive answer straight away. What should take a 5 minute conversation takes 5 weeks of communication through paper work.
    I've a verbal contact with a very good house builder who has been waiting over a year to get the go ahead with over 300 new houses. That's guaranteed work for up to 4 or 5 of us on a couple of sites .He's been just told he's got the go ahead so hopefully all this doesn't put people off.
    A couple were to get their new house this week but sadly can't move as the bank won't clear the money for the Morgan. Sad times.

Mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The amount of red tape housing builders have to go through is unbelievable. It actually would put you off ever thinking of doing it. They've reports on this, reports for that and they can never get a definitive answer straight away. What should take a 5 minute conversation takes 5 weeks of communication through paper work.
    I've a verbal contact with a very good house builder who has been waiting over a year to get the go ahead with over 300 new houses. That's guaranteed work for up to 4 or 5 of us on a couple of sites .He's been just told he's got the go ahead so hopefully all this doesn't put people off.
    A couple were to get their new house this week but sadly can't move as the bank won't clear the money for the Morgan. Sad times.
    Social housing I hope ...😇👍💯
    Whether we are working or not life will continue.
    There will be work.
    You will adapt.
    It all seems very scary at the moment.
    On one side we look at the news and social media to be informed.
    One moment we feel positive.
    Then another negative.
    Nobody seems to know.

The virus is deadly, and generally extremely bad for 80yo+ , air quality seems important, wash your hands, social distancing, stay at home, non essential travel the advice .

What we essentially have is the millions of elderly coming to hospital at the same time. So potentially anyone else who had an accident, stroke cannot get the treatment at the same time.

So important not to get it , to pass it on to the vulnerable people (1.5 million in the uk)

As I said ; 48000 uk people died through the 3 winter months 1999-2000

16000 a month ; 500+ a day
    Maybe the difference is today's situation people need oxygen to breathe and hospitalization.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

*48000 excess deaths in the uk winter 1999-2000

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Interesting read the link.
    Skimmed through

What was noted;

-the fact of poor air quality in lombardy area and aged population 80yo or 90yo+
    - wuhan too poor air quality

Poor air doesnt help the situation

What I want from this disaster is that the world (everyone) comes up with a plan to totally eradicate poor air in 3 years ... year 1 40% year two 30% year 3.. 30%

To improve health ready for future pandemic etc

Masks and gel sanitizer ready for public use.

Masks available x1 a week to pick up £1

And more things made in Britain without always thinking low cost.
    John Ratcliffe (owner of Ineos and richest man in UK) is building a plant that will churn out a million bottles of hand sanitizer a day right here in Shitsville Teesside. He recently closed a plant which led to lots of job losses so hopefully he'll recruit sond of those people. One thing thats going to have changed irrevocably is out hand cleanliness, opportunity seized by J.Ratcliffe.

I didn't clap for the volunteers, I'll clap when people wake the fuck up and elect and government that will remove privatisation from our vital services and get back the 300bn that costs us each year and invest the billions of profit back into our essential services

The point is, we shouldn't fucking need volunteers, we shouldn't be having to make emergency treatment areas that have fewer beds than the 20,000 they cut etc etc etc

Is anyone else finding the opportunism surrounding the Coronavirus really cringe worthy and irritating, all the little vox pops of twats doing something their parents put them up to doing just to get them on the TV is super annoying, those twats Cunt and Dick keeping popping up on the TV is super annoying too, I put their bizarre popularity down to people in the UK not having moved on from their love of ventriloquists dummies and Punch a Judy