Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127130131132133134135136137
Results 1,361 to 1,366 of 1366

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree but Chelsea have won a lot in the last 15 years. Spurs have won 2 trophies in nearly 30 years.
    True. They need success to keep their current high going. Actual silverware, not just the fourth place cup.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

As we've proved you need success on the pitch to get the sort of money through sponsors to pay off a shiny new ground. Look at Arsenal, they've struggled to kick on ever since they moved to their new ground.

With Leicester now in a local lockdown and the not so remote possibility that other major towns/cities may have to follow suit, mightthe premier League season yet get curtailed? What is likely to happen in that event?

I think the players will be well isolated.. and theres only 6/7 games left. I think its likely to be concluded now
    Leader of all..master of none..

This was my biggest fear all along. Thankfully we have won the league now so surely that cannot be taken away...?

I always felt that the league would start up again but also that cases would occur in sufficient amounts to bring the restart to a halt... and then a likely cancellation... Luckily inside the sport - so far - itís been fine..

But with the entirety of Leicester being locked down again - you start to wonder..
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th June 2020 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think the players will be well isolated.. and theres only 6/7 games left. I think its likely to be concluded now
    I think those are the top 5 and those that are in the bot 3 would have something to say about that.

Don't think it'll change anything because of 1 local lockdown (for 2 weeks).