Page 111 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1161101104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Certainly not if we accept that it won’t. That is what keeps it ingrained in our societies. .

At some point the attitude has to shift to... We are going to do everything we can to eradicate it. It might even be impossible to completely wipe it out BUT that doesn’t mean we stop trying.

And if we get to a point where most greed & corruption is exposed and dealt with we will be living in a better place.

It’s all in the education.
    Agreed you certainly have a nose for this Steveo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The only thing worse than Sky TV, is Sky TV customers. Sub human scum....
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

It’s immoral to pay a footballer £600,000 a week while a nurse gets £25,000 a year!!!

This is the real issue
    Yep, true.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    The only thing worse than Sky TV, is Sky TV customers. Sub human scum....
    Don't hold back justin and though I am one - I cannot argue with the sentiment.

Last edited by Steveo; 1st April 2020 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Agreed you certainly have a nose for this Steveo
    Aye - and it's not to be sniffed at either..

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    And what about the first 7 years of your life defining who you are.

And how to reprogram your program?
    You can reprogram yourself pretty easily, I spent years doing it, mindfulness and self awareness plays a big part in it as you are applying more complex CBT to yourself to fix issues or behaviours that you have identified as undesirable through the same method as you learn to do other things to create strong neural pathways, so it becomes something you do automatically.

What happened to me with the Manc workplace episode and subsequent fall out was that they came in and effectively smashed the circuitry containing 30 years of painstaking programming, layers on layers on layers of it, into a million pieces.

One of the difficulties is I always had an extreme aversion to our society, developed from the age of 14, I spent the vast majority of my working life in a bubble away from it for that very reason and every time I tried to fully engage in it, it ended in trauma that reinforced my severe aversion to it.

One of the assumptions of CBT which in my opinion makes it fatally flawed, is that it relies almost entirely on people having strong pro society related aspirational and interaction, goal orientated, highly developed neural pathways and the therapy as they use it is to try and steer people back to that existing pathway, in my case, that pathway never existed.

A lot of the neuro plasticity and self programming studies rubbish the first 7 years theory, I was watching a show last night about a spree killer in America, it had absolutely nothing to do with his first 7 years, he developed paranoid schizophrenia at 16, numerous psychological reports unaminously reached that conclusion.

There are a lot of cases in which people are defined by their first 7 years because they never make any attempt to reprogram or self develop or take responsibility for their poor behaviour and traits

@ eggy81
    Are you suggesting it's the fault of people wanting to watch the sport?
    Theres no point in being outraged by the extortionate prices involved in watching football and then continuing to for out 1000s a year to do so.it costs more to watch us on TV in Britain for a season than a season ticket would cost. There many other means off watching footy in hd on your TV which dosent put a penny in sky or bts pocket. I use those means. Not ideal and I'd prefer to be offered some sort of legal reasonable option to pay for what I want to watch like everywhere else in the world but they wont allow it so fuck em.

One of the things that makes most people dicks and makes my aversion to society even stronger is that I worked really hard to self develop and to try and eliminate all my bad and undesirable traits and not get drawn into society traits that actively encourage the development of those worse possible traits to facilitate capitalism and the vast majority of people follow the model that sees mankinds worst natural traits develop further and say "I can't help it, that's just the way I am" everyone can fucking help it.

If I had a pound for every fucker that says "I can't help it, that's just the way I am" I'd be a multi, multi billionaire

I'd also be incredibly be rich if I had a pound for every person who's said to me, "You need to be more like those people", really? Why on earth would I want to try to condition myself into behaving like a complete cunt?
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 1st April 2020 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    One of the things that makes most people dicks and makes my aversion to society even stronger is that I worked really hard to self develop and to try and eliminate all my bad and undesirable traits and not get drawn into society traits that actively encourage the development of those worse possible traits to facilitate capitalism and the vast majority of people follow the model that sees mankinds worst natural traits develop further and say "I can't help it, that's just the way I am" everyone can fucking help it.

If I had a pound for every fucker that says "I can't help it, that's just the way I am" I'd be a multi, multi billionaire
    You've met a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    You've met a lot of people.
    I have, although you don't have to meet people to reach that conclusion, if you people watch, listen to their conversations, study their interactions and have a lifetimes experience of doing it, and for every 1 really decent person you meet, there are thousands of others who are complete bellends, it's a very fair conclusion