Page 104 of 248 FirstFirst ... 45494979899100101102103104105106107108109110111114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Does piers think arsenal are somehow gonna leap up the table next season. Ferdinand one dosent make sense. Dosent come across on bt as having a particularly negative attitude towards liverpool and has often been effusive in his praise for us over last few years. Coupled with the fact that man utd have so much left to play for and are looking very likely to finish in top 4 with a great chance in Europa and still in fa cup I find it odd him having that view unless its cos of west ham connections or some other agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The way I look at it is this, despite how fucking unfair it would be for all involved if the world cannot resume some form of normal life by the end of June then it's in a pretty fucking bad place. You would have expected most major nations to have been past their peak infection rate by then.
    Give him his due Neville is arguing for it to be finished as are people like Carra and Harry Redknapp. The likes of rent a gob Piers Morgan, Harry Kane and Ferdinand are all saying void.
    Maybe it's just my bias but it just doesn't make sense to me to void a season 75 percent done to start a new one. Finish things off do theres no loose ends and alter the new season from the beginning. That way nobody is being fiddled out of anything.
    It's not your bias Tees, it's the ridiculous 30 years Murdoch and Dacre 'anyone but Liverpool' bias from far too many dickheads

I've said this several times, but if it were any other club currently in our position, even either Manc club, even with a lesser lead of say 15 points, I'd be saying they should get the title, because I'm not a knob and although I loathe both those clubs, it would be fair and the right thing to do and in the best interests of the sport and demonstrating the values of the sport and sporting behaviour

If they stitched us up, we would absolutely go and win it next season, we've all seen how our lads react to disappointment and stitch ups, if there is a next season, there is usually a second wave following a mutation with viruses like this, so finishing this season, if it's at all possible to, makes absolute sense, because we've played 3 quarters of it and we might not get to play next season anyway, calling next season off and making sure this one is finished, even if it's in September or october is the most sensible option
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th March 2020 at 11:07 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Font really see this anyone but liverpool thing 19. They've been trying to label us the best team ever up to recently. Some sections of the media maybe. Not all.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Font really see this anyone but liverpool thing 19. They've been trying to label us the best team ever up to recently. Some sections of the media maybe. Not all.
    I disagree entirely, they did that because they'd look like utter bellends not to do that and everyone else in world football was saying it before they belatedly realised they had to and the absolutely gaping flaw in your suggestion that supports my thinking is, they had to do that, but at the very first opportunity they get (IE the situation created by this virus) the majority of them are desperate to try and deprive us of the title if they possibly can 'Anyone but Liverpool' if it was any other team in our position, having played as we have and demonstrated the incredible form we have over 2 seasons, not just this one, every fucker and their dog would be rightly saying, whatever happens you have to crown them as Champions

At least we can all now belatedly agree that bringing back Fabinho when we did was an incredibly rare but monumental fuck up by our other wise superb manager, it was clear as the light of day and made even clearer with how the team suddenly clicked back into how it had been playing in the second leg v Atletico, only losing because it was without Allisson and the other fuck up of the Gomez/Matip situation and not getting Matip fit compounded Adrian's Karius moments.

Stuff like what's going on now is why I loathe all the knobs celebrating and 'giving it' before something is won, never liked it, every time the knobs start with that shit we get bitten in the arse, just celebrate the brilliance of the team game to game, be humble and when we have won then give it the large big time, don't get caught out sucking your own dicks too early again, it's getting very fucking boring and makes the rest of us who aren't like that look like knobs too, because they throw us in with all the rest of them

Totally agree 19...

Tempting fate is for fools.

Oh and Piers Morgan is an absolutely despicable, detestable cunt, not just because of his ramblings on this, he always had been, his main point of relevance is serving to highlight everything that is wrong with our society, how appallingly people behave and the complete and utter disgrace that our main stream media is.

I struggle, I really really struggle to watch anything other than sport, films and crime investigation on TV, every time the news, cunts like Piers Morgan, Schoefield, Cunt & Dick etc etc etc comes on it's just a really fucking painful reminder of how fucked up our values and society is and the meaningless mindless tittle tattle they serve up every single day to distract people from what's really important, and that's exactly it's purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Totally agree 19...

Tempting fate is for fools.
    I know

"Now are you gonna believe us, now are you gonna believe us, now are you gonna believe us, we've made ourselves look like cunts again"

Speaking of Crime Investigation programs, most people are so stupid, the criminals and the cops at times.

I watched this case the other day of a single Mum who worked at a Honda factory in Ohio, they have the bloke almost bang to rights, but they're having to wait for technology to improve so they can test a tiny sample of blood, but it is totally obvious that the guy had a work colleague as his accomplice and there's 90k in cash missing that she gave the prime suspect, if they followed the money and looked for it properly, they'd find it and it would most likely implicate the accomplice and they'd likely get a confession and the woman's family wouldn't be left waiting for a development in technology while the perp is still running around going happily about his life 17 years on