Page 161 of 248 FirstFirst ... 61111151154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post

On a different note you mentioned somewhere that a different and perhaps far worse pandemic is maybe coming down the tracks in the next few years. Can you shed any more light on this? I think that would really knock everyone for 6!
    I think the reason this whole global lockdown has happened is because the global governance institutions - let's call them the WHO - have been expecting a large epidemic and working with funding figures like Bill Gates to prepare for it. (In my opinion this is a hive of corruption - look at the shares Gates sold before lockdown or his various investments in companies from cashless payments, synthetic meats and of course vaccines to see his how he stands to benefit. The WHO meanwhile are full of Marxist, one world government types who see this as a chance for a green reset with all the desirable wealth redistribution.)

The reason they have been preparing is because there are cycles whereby bad seasons or bad viruses do indeed come along. In my opinion this is not that virus. To my knowledge, this season barely surpasses the 2017/18 flu season for lethality and is a long way short of the 1969 flu season that nobody remembers. The last great epidemic was HIV / AIDS, where about 33 million people died. With adjustment for population growth, the Spanish Flu would have claimed around 200 million lives. I have a few sources that I rate who think the cycles for a big epidemic are nearly upon us, with this or next winter likely times. I don't expect anyone else to believe me but that's my hunch. What on earth we are going to do going forward with even normal flu seasons is anyone's guess. People die in large numbers every winter.

Given that war and pestilence come together (the Spanish Flu followed the devastation of WW1, for example) we should be weary of letting people create the next Great Depression in order to satisfy their desire to feel in control and push their algorithms to the fore.

I disagree somewhat on your analysis of the consensus. I'd say we have deep thinking and wise scientists who tend to see this as a terrible and unbalanced overreaction. And then we have another group who can see nothing other than Covid and its statistics. They have become blind to everything else. In my opinion, most of them are in Universities and tend to be swayed by funding pathways, which currently are all about Covid.

I'll post a conversation below between Professor Gupta and one such scientist from radio the other day and you'll see what I mean by that.

And here's an example of how vested interests might be skewing predictions. Can you imagine how much money is available for vaccine research right now? Even if they never create a working vaccine, these scientific groups are guaranteed to be seriously enriched over the next God knows how long, and are not inclined to favour herd immunity.

This virus is very clever. It knows that people will be safe if they go Blackpool but not in any other district of Lancashire. I think we should all move to Blackpool. I have no sympathy for anyone who believes anything that this government has to say. When asked why the pubs need to shut at 10pm, Boris Johnson replied " You are more at risk of catching the virus after 10pm". The man's a clown.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I've heard coronavirus like's the nighttime shift and come out more at night?

Not sure if true?

Is it spread more by fox's ?

P.S the earth is flat

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I've heard coronavirus like's the nighttime shift and come out more at night?

Not sure if true?

Is it spread more by fox's ?

P.S the earth is flat
    T'isnt - 'tis bumpy round our way

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/313310?fbclid=IwAR35XLWNrVSoInZvNGP-UYM9YdZ_zRgyWw_d2KVbpW-UYXaEbgauAoFwqrk

Petition against the coronavirus act. Please sign and contact your local MP to let them know you disapprove of the powers assumed by this government without proper parliamentary process, should you feel similarly concerned.

Flamengo lost 19 players through covid

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Flamengo lost 19 players through covid
    Would you like to clarify whether 19 footballers have died there, Dicko, or has something less dramatic occurred?

After a few promising days..... over 7k today and

70 odd dead, won't be long until it's in 3 figures

I hope football can carry on, in it's own "bubble" even if the worst happens lockdown mk.2 it's something for the nation to watch!
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th September 2020 at 04:58 PM.