Page 103 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3539396979899100101102103104105106107108109110113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Fortunately the FA don't have to fall in line with other leagues, but on the other side of that coin there were reports last night that Uefa were actively planning to finish the season in Aug/Sep and shorten next season.

Think the article was in the Times if anyone has a subscription.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

It'll be shit winning it behind closed doors and not even able to go for a pint to watch final few games with fellow fans. Would they bother lifting the trophy.

I'd take it right now eggy. Think it's almost certain to be behind closed doors when it resumes.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Theres 2 reports saying theres a plan to run it through the summer months like a world cup type training camp. Anything would be better than nothing.
    After all the graft the club have put in this is such a kick in the balls, it's just taken the shine off what should have been one of the best times in our lives.
    It could only happen to Liverpool.
    Last edited by teesred; 30th March 2020 at 10:34 AM.

The state of the UK and it's politics and the continuation of the 'anyone but Liverpool' bias which emerged with Murdoch's and Dacre's media empires dictating what people in this country think on numerous subjects shows just how much serious change is needed

Just think, if we hadn't changed things to bring Fabinho back in or had the winter break, we'd have already won the league
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The state of the UK and it's politics and the continuation of the 'anyone but Liverpool' bias which emerged with Murdoch's and Dacre's media empires dictating what people in this country think on numerous subjects shows just how much serious change is needed

Just think, if we hadn't changed things to bring Fabinho back in or had the winter break, we'd have already won the league
    Winter break yes, Fabinho no? Wouldn't we still be 2 pts short if we had won the Watford game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

And yet our manager is one of the biggest advocates of a winter break.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Winter break yes, Fabinho no? Wouldn't we still be 2 pts short if we had won the Watford game.
    We'd have played an extra game, possibly even 2 more game if there hadn't been a winter break Tees

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    And yet our manager is one of the biggest advocates of a winter break.
    I am too, just kind of typical that it came into being for the first time this season and if it hadn't, we'd have likely played 2 more games and have already won the league

The way I look at it is this, despite how fucking unfair it would be for all involved if the world cannot resume some form of normal life by the end of June then it's in a pretty fucking bad place. You would have expected most major nations to have been past their peak infection rate by then.
    Give him his due Neville is arguing for it to be finished as are people like Carra and Harry Redknapp. The likes of rent a gob Piers Morgan, Harry Kane and Ferdinand are all saying void.
    Maybe it's just my bias but it just doesn't make sense to me to void a season 75 percent done to start a new one. Finish things off do theres no loose ends and alter the new season from the beginning. That way nobody is being fiddled out of anything.