Page 108 of 248 FirstFirst ... 85898101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Considering the amount of bollox 19x has been posting lately, you can hardly blame them . 😂😂😂
    Whopperville....
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Spurs cut NON playing staff wages by 20% and at the same time Levy's salary announced for last year is £4m AND a further £3m for stadium completion which was LATE......these tossers live in a different f*cking galaxy.

....AND he's already warning fans about the impact on the next transfer window!
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

A different approach by Newcastle:

"Newcastle United have become the first Premier League club to place their non-playing staff on temporary leave because of the coronavirus pandemic.
    Managing director Lee Charnley emailed staff on Monday to say the decision was taken to safeguard the club's future.
    Employees including the academy and foundation charity have been instructed to apply for the job retention scheme.
    Workers will be paid 100% of their salaries until the end of April when the decision will be reviewed.
    Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced earlier in March that workers can claim 80% of their wages up to £2,500 a month.
    But Newcastle players, who earn a reported average of £40,120 a week, will still continue to be paid their full salaries."
    (from https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52098392)

Surely all playing staff at the top clubs should be considering at least a temporary wage cut to protect the non-playing staff.
    Last edited by scientificred; 31st March 2020 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Highly contagious
    And will be devastating for the 1.5 million people in the uk who would be vulnerable if they catch it.

1.5 million all needing icu health care at the same time.

Plus the rest of us 'healthy' folk too needing care but would probably survive if we have ventilated / oxygen help.

So Toneta; it is a kind of "I'm alright Jack" stuff the rest.

If we look at the figures worldwide still only 36000 deaths in 3 months.

The uk had 48000 excess deaths of the flu in 1999/2000 for 3 months.

I guess the difference is perhaps they didnt need ventilation.

Some world leaders are really challenging why should all be shut down.
    Trump and BJ too were for the herd method.

If the world was prepared with a health care, masks, gel sanitizer and oxygen ventilators then maybe it would be handled differently.

If the season gets finished I will be amazed .

I think it will be voided. And next season wont start until January.

This team will be ageing. And to hit the heights of this season will be very difficult.

The best ever team not to win the premier league. And what a story!
    Now the Flu V Corona figures and disproportionate reactions make sense...to me anyway

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    From what I have heard then if you are put on the ventilator you are in a 50/50 live/die situation and also there is also pretty much nil chance of your close friends or relatives being allowed to see you even if it is your last moments on this Earth. The same is maybe also true regarding the funeral. This virus sucks the life out of your lungs if it really takes hold. The ventilator apparently is like putting your head out of the car window in the fast lane on the motorway.
    I saw a piece on bbc that C pap sleep apnoea machines if used early enough help cut down the need for ventilators if introduced early enough........they have also found a way to convert them into ventilators......first time my chronic snoring might put me at an advantage.. .lol

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Surely all playing staff at the top clubs should be considering at least a temporary wage cut to protect the non-playing staff.
    Damn right they should, it's fucking embarrassing. This was a big opportunity for them to climb down from their pedestals and help the mortals out. It's not a good look and it's disappointing our club hasn't done anything.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I know. Miller and Southernboy haven't been in in a while too. Hope they're okay.
    It's probably because there's nothing happening in the football world to discuss.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's not all of them is it, I'm just pointing out that 'giving it the large' before anything is won is incredibly stupid, tempts fate and makes us all look like cunts as they throw us all in with 'the idiots' it was embarrassing and cringe worthy when they were doing it in Rodgers near miss season
    Oh, relax a bit 19x for goodness sake.. we sang it in Rafa's near miss season and we weren't even in the lead at that point. It's part of supporting the team and raising the confidence of everyone that it can actually be done, which helps get the players over the line. Showing your defiance to the other team as well and spooking them out. You don't just sit there solemnly until the last point is won and then explode in some kind of footballing orgasm.

This season we have put on the best footballing display in the history of the league, We are millimetres away from winning it. Everyone knows it is ours, all of them. Every single one of them.

It's not like the entire shut down of the world economy is a regular event is it? If they find a way to deny us the title, who gives a shit? We are the champions. The title is rightly ours this year. That's how it will be remembered. If they try and call it null and void, no one will stop talking about how we were robbed. It's not even a question.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It's probably because there's nothing happening in the football world to discuss.
    I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I know. Miller and Southernboy haven't been in in a while too. Hope they're okay.
    I checked their online activity. They were both on here two days ago on Monday evening.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!