Page 116 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1666106109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Premier league players are not coming out of this well at all. Keeping their salaries whilst regular folk take the hit. The shambolic greedy cunts. This is the premier league well and truly disappearing up it's own arse into self absobance.
    Its fucking shameful from LFC.
    All the cash they've made the last few years, I'm absolutely gobsmacked with how disgraceful it is. They should hang their fucking heads every one of them.
    It's the club that are a disgrace. They can well afford to pay what's needed to keep staff paid without needing the government.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    It's the club that are a disgrace. They can well afford to pay what's needed to keep staff paid without needing the government.
    Was livid when spurs did it. Was smug that never my club...

United and city stated 2weeks ago they will pay all staff In full. We are one of top 10 richest clubs in world. Massive own goal this.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    The players could forgo some of their thousands a week im sure. Theyre as bad as eachother

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPEA View Post
    Was livid when spurs did it. Was smug that never my club...

United and city stated 2weeks ago they will pay all staff In full. We are one of top 10 richest clubs in world. Massive own goal this.
    Yep me too, I slated Spurs on here earlier this week. We'll get rightly slated for it too. It's a huge PR fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    What a great opportunity this was for our BILLIONAIRE owner to say he's not accepting a government handout.

I really hope Utd or City come out and say they're not doing it, make us look like even bigger c*nts.
    Already did last week. Manes will hammer us for it and so they should. Its 100% shameful. I'll bet Klopp is embarrassed.

It's not just football either.

There are enough billionaires and giant companies out there that could help out more rather thn the goverment stumping up what they are.

I'm not one to harp on about equality and evenly distributed wealth. There are rich and there are poor. A lot of these people work really hard to get where they are.

But these are unprecedented times. The goverment support was surprising and it's welcome for a lot of smaller/mid sized businesses and employers/empolyees but the fallout from this will be mental, we're all going to feel it when this is over.

The super rich at this point should be providing more help, giving us all the best opportunity to go back to normality whien this is over.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

It goes from bad to worse this bloody season. At what point did they think the supporters would be happy ? Considering we've hardly spent a penny ( in football terms) in 12 months and with the big money coming from Nike. FSG should hang their heads in shame.

If I had a £50 grand net profit as a self employed worker I would be unable to claim back 80 % of wages. But a Business like a football club that has annual profits of tens of millions can furloung employees. To claim 80% of their wages and they've the balls to mention they will top up the other 20% so the workers still get full pay.
    Morally it wrong. But technically they are allowed which doesn't sit right .

Disgusting move if I ever saw one. Don’t care if they have the right to do it, what a few thousand off their profits for a few months?

So when the season naturally ends do they not get paid? Bollocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Not sure about that Tees, apparently captain fantastic Hendo has held talks with Captains of all other Premier League clubs that will see them donate millions to the NHS. This is better than taking a pay cut, it will see the money going where it is needed and the players need to make sure it does go where it's needed and not towards some back handed deal with the Tories Brexit backers to hand them an extortionate contract to supply something for the Coronavirus..........
    I think that might be OK if it was visible how much each player was contributing in £s or %, otherwise someone can claim they are contributing to the fund and it might only be a fiver.
    Personally I think the manager should now set the trend as per Brighton and Bournemouth
    Last edited by scientificred; 4th April 2020 at 06:49 PM. Reason: added line