Page 117 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1767107110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I hope the matchday threads and other football ones get as much attention as this one is getting.
    Hopefully there will never be another thread such as this one!

Carra has had a pop at them on Twitter too. I hope they back down on this but even if they do they still look shit.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Hopefully there will never be another thread such as this one!
    I get that, but there's a lot of scaremongering going on too. I don't believe that ALL these deaths are due to the virus. They put Eddie Large's death down to it, when he was already in hospital because of a weak heart. They are saying that the over 70s are more vulnerable. well at that age, they are more vulnerable to get most things not just a virus. I don't trust anything that the government does and never have.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I get that, but there's a lot of scaremongering going on too. I don't believe that ALL these deaths are due to the virus. They put Eddie Large's death down to it, when he was already in hospital because of a weak heart. They are saying that the over 70s are more vulnerable. well at that age, they are more vulnerable to get most things not just a virus. I don't trust anything that the government does and never have.
    Sorry Skyebo, unless you work in a hospital and see if first hand, then you can make your assumptions on if its scaremongering or not. So many doctors and nurses have been redeployed and so far, due to the real virus, two nurses have sadly passed away in our hospital.

Blame the government for taking it seriously in the first place, blame them for not providing tests and blame them for not providing those on the frontline with adequate personal protective equipment.

Stay safe and stay home mate. It's not a pleasant illness to have.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Sorry Skyebo, unless you work in a hospital and see if first hand, then you can make your assumptions on if its scaremongering or not. So many doctors and nurses have been redeployed and so far, due to the real virus, two nurses have sadly passed away in our hospital.

Blame the government for taking it seriously in the first place, blame them for not providing tests and blame them for not providing those on the frontline with adequate personal protective equipment.

Stay safe and stay home mate. It's not a pleasant illness to have.
    I'm not saying it's not a serious illness and i'm aware how many are losing their lives. All i'm saying is I think the figures being banded out by the government are exaggerated.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I'm not saying it's not a serious illness and i'm aware how many are losing their lives. All i'm saying is I think the figures being banded out by the government are exaggerated.
    What figures are being exaggerated exactly? The amount of people who have the virus? I guarantee you its way more than the numbers being presented!

I think we're past the point where the word scaremongering can be justified tbh.

Thousands are dying every day and health workers are dying trying to save them. Just because the majority are over 60 doesn't mean we should just shrug our shoulders and say 'oh well, they were going to die soon anyway'.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    What figures are being exaggerated exactly? The amount of people who have the virus? I guarantee you its way more than the numbers being presented!
    Well if it's way more, why aren't they giving an accurate figure? The amount who have got it, and those dying from it. If you want to believe what they are telling everyone, that's your right.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    I think we're past the point where the word scaremongering can be justified tbh.

Thousands are dying every day and health workers are dying trying to save them. Just because the majority are over 60 doesn't mean we should just shrug our shoulders and say 'oh well, they were going to die soon anyway'.
    That's not what i'm saying about the older people.

Well if it's way more, why aren't they giving an accurate figure? The amount who have got it, and those dying from it. If you want to believe what they are telling everyone, that's your right.
    I work on the "front line" so tend to believe what I see.

If you were to do a randomised controlled study and base it on where I work alone? The figures of those infected are a lot higher than what they have suggested.