Page 122 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2272112115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

82 yo lady RIP

The elderly are very prone to succumbing this virus.

Elderly, obese, smoker, diabetes and so on.

Even the 'healthy' struggle.

Let's hope all the measures;

Washing hands
    Masks
    Gel
    Distancing

Can help to reduce the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    82 yo lady RIP

The elderly are very prone to succumbing this virus.

Elderly, obese, smoker, diabetes and so on.

Even the 'healthy' struggle.

Let's hope all the measures;

Washing hands
    Masks
    Gel
    Distancing

Can help to reduce the risk.
    Washing hands should be a given for anyone at any time. I don't know why adults need to be told this anyway. Plenty will go back to not doing it when all this is over. Incredible really.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Washing hands should be a given for anyone at any time. I don't know why adults need to be told this anyway. Plenty will go back to not doing it when all this is over. Incredible really.
    It would be interesting to see how many times people did wash their hands everyday before this message.

I remember the keep Britain tidy campaign.

It is incredible how many just throw their litter on the street or out the car window erc.

In the countryside or town.

I remember x1 a month or so walking 400m up the road and back (both sides) filling up bin bags of rubbish; bottles tins cig packets McDonald's clothes shoes car parts!

They've reversed their decision to furlough workers. Better late than never.

Fair enough shouldnt have done it but at least its been put right.

An explanation of the thinking behind it would also be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    An explanation of the thinking behind it would also be welcome.
    The usual explanation for this sort of thing is that it's all a mistake by some office junior who has now been recommended for further training and lessons will be learned going forward.

Ah well. It's the best possible outcome from the situation they created for themselves. Weve a nasty habit of making these huge pr blunders.

I wouldn't have reversed it, the club are a business like any other business, the club are also subject to FFP and have to manage it in order to remain competitive, as a result of Coronavirus they are taking a massive financial hit, which is what the pay assistance scheme is for, there is absolutely no moral reason for them not to use the scheme

Do any of you lot up in arms think Amazon, Starbucks, etc etc etc who don't pay any UK tax aren't taking full advantage of the assistance offered?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Ah well. It's the best possible outcome from the situation they created for themselves. Weve a nasty habit of making these huge pr blunders.
    Only a PR blunder if you're a muppet who lives their life and takes their moral high ground from the UK mainstream media who are not in any position to call anyone out after practically running the Tory election campaign despite the incredible evils they have forced on society and the most vulnerable in our society

There are numerous companies in the UK taking full advantage of the scheme because they would otherwise be taking a massive financial hit as a result of the Coronavirus, a fair few of them don't even pay any UK fucking tax, there are plenty of absolute pure horrible capitalist cunt companies and people out there they should be focusing on before having a pop at LFC, the club is a business like any other Starbucks, Costa, Amazon etc etc etc, at least the club pays its fucking taxes and is genuinely entitled to the assistance
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”