Page 123 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2373113116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Correct 19x... but we should have known better as a club and I am pleased they have back tracked... Didn’t think they would to be fair.

Hopefully this gets forgotten real quick and the club moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I wouldn't have reversed it, the club are a business like any other business, the club are also subject to FFP and have to manage it in order to remain competitive, as a result of Coronavirus they are taking a massive financial hit, which is what the pay assistance scheme is for, there is absolutely no moral reason for them not to use the scheme

Do any of you lot up in arms think Amazon, Starbucks, etc etc etc who don't pay any UK tax aren't taking full advantage of the assistance offered?
    Who gives a f*ck about anyone else? I don't support Amazon or Virgin or bloody Starbucks, just because they do something morally wrong, should we?

Are you just worried this impacts the transfer kitty?, 'cos I could give a f*ck about that either. It was a terrible decision and they rightly got slaughtered for it. At least they had the balls to scrap it.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8182915/Bailout-giants-Biggest-firms-thousands-staff-furlough-face-60bn-bill.html

More of Britain’s biggest firms revealed plans yesterday to suspend tens of thousands of staff

Arcadia Group – the retail empire of disgraced billionaire Sir Philip Green which owns Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and Miss Selfridge – announced it would be suspending 14,500 of its 16,000 staff

Nissan also revealed the majority of the 6,000 workers at its Sunderland plant, which closed on March 17, will be furloughed for the remainder of this month, while energy firm Ovo will suspend 3,400 staff – more than a third of its workforce.

British Airways, Nissan, Arcadia and Ovo all planning to furlough workers
    Join a growing list of names, from Greggs to Costa, McDonald’s and Primark
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Who gives a f*ck about anyone else? I don't support Amazon or Virgin or bloody Starbucks, just because they do something morally wrong, should we?.
    How is using a system to support businesses or individuals who have payed into the system morally wrong? Please explain that

If you haven't paid in, or avoid paying your taxes somehow, of course it's morally wrong, but the entire concept of paying into the tax system is so that when you need it to support you in difficult times, it is there to do that, which is what the system is for

I don’t believe you.can compare a football club that relies on supporters to a commercial business.

A retailer could easily go bust and lay off thousands of staff without this - we were in completely different situation. Paying massive wages to players but wanting to take Tax dollers to pay non playing staff..

No no - there is no justification for it mate.

You are in real danger of accepting that LFC is nothing more than a business. If that really is the case then the club has been lost!

You do everything in your power to maintain the club ethos. If that means the players stump
    Up the salaries of non playing staff GREAT... And why was that not done LONG before even thinking about this rotten way to approach things. The world is in crisis FFS!

You know this 19 - you are just a die hard red who wants the best for the club - but believe me - proceeding down that path would have been a disaster.
    Last edited by Steveo; 6th April 2020 at 08:22 PM.

How is using a system to support businesses or individuals who have payed into the system morally wrong? Please explain that

If you haven't paid in, or avoid paying your taxes somehow, of course it's morally wrong, but the entire concept of paying into the tax system is so that when you need it to support you in difficult times, it is there to do that, which is what the system is for
    Someone like Mike Ashley taking it I can understand but this club has built a reputation for helping the wider community through multiple charities and donations for years.

Why undo all that hard work when you could have cut the top earner's salaries by a few percent to cover these lower wage earners for a few months?
    What a great statement that would have been. Klopp would have done it in a heartbeat.

We aren't Amazon, we are Liverpool Football club.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Players wage bill is approximately 2m a week

Staff bill is approximately 300k a week

So a 15% voluntary player wage cut across all players would cover staff wages

If you take the situation as a whole, if this situation carries on over 3 months the clubs total wage bill for that time comes to over 30m

The 'hit' from lost TV revenue would be around 30m with 3 quarters of the season played

The 'hit' from lost matchday revenue would be around 25m

So that's an 85m hit if this situation carries on for just over 3 months, over double the pre tax profit announced this year, the actual profit after tax for the last financial year was approximately 33m so if the crisis extends a month extra, it will have wiped out any profits from last year, this year and the following year, the club can't run on thin air and has to comply with FFP

Matchday revenue £25m for 4 games?...........sounds high.

Is the £30m tv loss assuming the season is voided?

On a lighter note that blonde mop haired twat has now been admitted to intensive care, I've got no sympathy for him, the expression "you reap what you sow" springs to mind

And before people start bashing me for that opinion, he belongs to a party who have caused 160,000 unnecessary/preventable deaths of our elderly, disabled, mentally ill and most vulnerable in the last 4 years, through choice, through 'They're dead where it doesn't count' politics.

A party who deliberately allowed this virus to spread as they thought it only killed the elderly, vulnerable and those with existing health problems

A party who have absolutely decimated the UK our values and morals I grew up with and forced millions to live in poverty and caused incredible rises in mental health disorders through the hostile environment they created, a party who were investigated by the UN for human rights abuses and may yet still face prosecution, a party who have overseen childhood diseases like rickets return to the UK for the first time since Victorian times

He'll be gone by Wednesday, I've no sympathy for any member of that party or anyone of the muppets who keep voting for them, they are cruel, callous and heartless all in the interest of looking after No1 and lining their own pockets and those of millionaires and billionaires and no amount of human suffering wilfully and deliberately put on millions of people to do that is too much in their view, fuck them

On a lighter note that blonde mop haired twat has now been admitted to intensive care, I've got no sympathy for him, the expression "you reap what you sow" springs to mind

And before people start bashing me for that opinion, he belongs to a party who have caused 160,000 unnecessary/preventable deaths of our elderly, disabled, mentally ill and most vulnerable in the last 4 years, through choice, through 'They're dead where it doesn't count' politics.

A party who deliberately allowed this virus to spread as they thought it only killed the elderly, vulnerable and those with existing health problems

A party who have absolutely decimated the UK our values and morals I grew up with and forced millions to live in poverty and caused incredible rises in mental health disorders through the hostile environment they created, a party who were investigated by the UN for human rights abuses and may yet still face prosecution, a party who have overseen childhood diseases like rickets return to the UK for the first time since Victorian times

He'll be gone by Wednesday, I've no sympathy for any member of that party or anyone of the muppets who keep voting for them, they are cruel, callous and heartless all in the interest of looking after No1 and lining their own pockets and those of millionaires and billionaires and no amount of human suffering wilfully and deliberately put on millions of people to do that is too much in their view, fuck them
    So your justification for celebrating another human being expecting a baby any time soon going into intensive care, is because they value financial gain above doing what is morally right?

Albeit, in your previous post you said it was okay to do a morally wrong thing because it would gain our club financially.

Wow.