Page 129 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2979119122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Newcastle about to be taken over - according to the Beeb.

Dreadful news to be honest. Saudi wealth fund... Brokered by Staveley around £300 million

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52284645

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Newcastle about to be taken over - according to the Beeb.

Dreadful news to be honest. Saudi wealth fund... Brokered by Staveley around £300 million

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52284645
    She's only got a 10% share, not as much as she would have had if Ashley had accepted her offer a few years back. Newcastle fans won't think it's dreadful, he's been no good for the club and they've wanted him out for years.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    She's only got a 10% share, not as much as she would have had if Ashley had accepted her offer a few years back. Newcastle fans won't think it's dreadful, he's been no good for the club and they've wanted him out for years.
    Think you missed the point skyebo.

Dreadful for us... This is the next Man City only Newcastle is a unique case, a one club city with fans as passionate as ours. The sky really is the limit for them IF they get the funds.

This is very bad news for many clubs - and us most definitely included.

Dreadful for us... This is the next Man City only Newcastle is a unique case, a one club city with fans as passionate as ours. The sky really is the limit for them IF they get the funds.

Sorry, I thought you meant it was bad for them. If they are going to be a threat, they'll want a higher calibre of manager than Steve Bruce to achieve it.
    Last edited by skyebo; 15th April 2020 at 09:40 AM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

It will take them years to catch up to our level and will be limited by FFP with their spending. I wouldn't be too worried.

You may be right but it could be deemed a little short sighted. Saudi have finances that dwarf Abu Dhabi and we are talking about a one club city.. don’t forget that crucial point. The Arabs certainly haven’t. Newcastle have always held that unique potential - let’s hope they don’t finally realise it any time soon.

The more competition the better. Plus there's a bigger pool of clubs looking to buy the better players.
    I'm very confident in our own ability to buying the right players and having the right man to lead them .
    We can't buy every top player.

Having the money to spend is all well and good, they have to buy the right ones to be successful and there are a good few teams they would need to get past first, they are not suddenly going from where they are now to title contenders, or even top 4 ones. Everton should be more of a threat as they already have a top manager in charge, with the right signings and the backing of the owners, they should get to where they want to be which is top 4. Back to Newcastle, apart from Longstaffe, no-one else seems to get linked to any decent clubs so they will need a massive overhaul to their squad.

Going against the grain here Ashley is obviously a cut throat businessman but didn’t he save Newcastle from financial ruin ?

The Keegan days were pretty much paid for with money they didn’t have if they carried on like that without winning or CL football they would end up like their neighbours Sunderland or Leeds.

Ashley has been at Newcastle 12-13 years but when was the last time they won ANYTHING certainly not in my lifetime and I’m just over 40 ��

He did clarify in an interview he cannot and will not take on clubs who are ran by countries otherwise he would be skint and is he wrong ?

Unless they start getting CL on a regular basis and start paying lots in wages they better get used to winning nothing.

His personality more than anything is all wrong with Newcastle but then again I have watched Sunderland Till I Die and Stuart Donald seems a decent guy who is charge of them after 18 months they want him gone they are a league one club losing £30m a year good luck finding someone to fund you !

They will embrace this new guy as he has lots of money but if people think Ashley is a bad person he has nothing on this guy allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

They will embrace this new guy as he has lots of money but if people think Ashley is a bad person he has nothing on this guy allegedly.
    They won't care. In the same way City fans don't. Winning is everything.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"