Page 134 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3484124127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Reports coming through of a second outbreak in China.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Reports coming through of a second outbreak in China.
    They're eating bats again..

A second wave is an expected part of a pandemic and another reason to finish this season.

How stupid would it be to abandon this season and then the same thing happen again the next?

Some are saying stay in lockdown until there's a vaccine, few are expecting one to be available before next season

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    A second wave is an expected part of a pandemic and another reason to finish this season.

How stupid would it be to abandon this season and then the same thing happen again the next?

Some are saying stay in lockdown until there's a vaccine, few are expecting one to be available before next season
    Interesting how the Swedes are handling it. If they get the same result as the rest if us with less hardship you'd have to wonder

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Interesting how the Swedes are handling it. If they get the same result as the rest if us with less hardship you'd have to wonder
    Yes it will be interesting to see how things plan out in Sweden. If they get through without a huge death rate then their way of dealing with it might be the way forward. There are plenty of their own people who are unhappy with how the govt have gone about things though.
    What's for certain is all countries are going to have to ease restrictions soon as people are becoming tired of it. Rightly or wrongly that may be no govt wants civil rest. I actually agree with former cabinet minister Hammond. He said we are going to have to live with it as it's not going away any time soon and business has to start up again.
    I think you can already see that the streets and roads are not as quiet as they were a few weeks back.

Think they'll have to stick with it for a while yet. They know as soon as they announce any loosening of restrictions the idiots here will go mad.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    True. I know testing is questionable but our official figures say we are still revealing a consistent 4000-5000 new cases every day after weeks of lockdown, and the official death figures are also a steady 700-800 every day.

I'm glad some countries had the balls to do it but I guess there's a lot of lessons to be learned everywhere from this.

The WHO say there's no proof yet of immunity but the experts in Sweden claim they'll have herd immunity in a few more weeks.
    Just goes to show how little we know about the virus, and why it currently makes no sense when people (particularly the media) point to other countries and say 'they got it right, why didn't we?'.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Sweden can afford to take this decision.
    Small country and very spacious.
    As big or bigger than France or Spain with a 6th of the population.

It doesn't make sense to put in place the same restrictions in each country.

Each country is different ; population, land, mentality.