Page 135 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3585125128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

The fiancée of murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi has urged the Premier League to block the takeover of Newcastle United by Saudi Arabia.

BBC News - Khashoggi fiancée calls for Premier League to block Newcastle Saudi takeover
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-52465137

I can see European football being binned next season with the travelling being the big problem.

I notice that the uk government is unhappy about comparing death counts in UK with other countries now that all covid related deaths are being used in the uk statistics and shows the uk to have the worst count in europe.
    They appeared quite happy to use the death count to compare to other european countries when it was only hospital deaths used in the uk statistic.
    Now they have started using a deaths per million of population statistic to show that most european countries are actually quite similar (including UK v Germany) but I think the graph used is quite misleading as it uses a logarithmic vertical scale.
    I can see no need for this logarithmic vertical scale other than to massage the look of the graph in the UKs favour.
    If a simple linear vertical scale was used it would show the UK death rate to be much worse than most european countries and certainly much worse than Germany.

Perfidious Albion?

Funny scientificred should mention the Germans - the weird post-war insecurities/sense of competition in the UK when it comes to the relationship with Germany, coupled with the fact that the Germans look set to have their shit together enough to get the Football back up and running, will likely be the very thing (unofficially!) that gets the wheels turning behind closed doors in the dark corners of the higher-up folks in "charge" of the Premier League and helps us snag Number 19 without an asterisk.

I'm not sure about the re introduction of football. I personally think it should be binned. The momentum has been lost so what's the point. Neutral venues, no fans, 30 min halves etc i just sounds like a nonsense. We've won it already and it looks like the bottom 6 are not willing to play ball anyway. How did null and void ever come along as a suggestion and how come people have climbed onboard its bandwaggon? Just call it a it stands. If ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea, or whoever, were 25 points clear I would've no problem watching them crowned Champions.
    But and it is a big but, if the voiders have their way I think the following could be a compromise and like all compromises no party gets exactly what they want. Us being 25 points clear is a nightmare for the Premier League.
    Liverpool get the championship with an asterisk. Think of it as 0.99 of a championship.
    Next season Norwich and Leeds, WBA + 1 other start on zero points. ( Harsh on the 3 teams coming up but they've not truly come up anyway ) All other teams start on their current points advantage over Norwich all the way up to us. The current bottom 6 could still be in a bottom of the table dogfight for next season. This is fair. If you've been piss poor this season you can't walk away from it next.
    Next season's championship is also asterisked but it has a notional value of 1.01 of a championship. If we win next season we've got 2 champs in the bag.

Schools reopening June 1 in the UK.

Only for reception, yr 1 and 6. My 3 are ruled out there. It will bring a whole new set of problems with parents struggling for childcare if they have to go back to work.

Who's laughing now

" I was right" sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Excess alcohol consumption over a prolonged period can seriously damage your health.
    Nope, it can predict the future