Page 137 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3787127130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree but Chelsea have won a lot in the last 15 years. Spurs have won 2 trophies in nearly 30 years.
    True. They need success to keep their current high going. Actual silverware, not just the fourth place cup.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

As we've proved you need success on the pitch to get the sort of money through sponsors to pay off a shiny new ground. Look at Arsenal, they've struggled to kick on ever since they moved to their new ground.

With Leicester now in a local lockdown and the not so remote possibility that other major towns/cities may have to follow suit, mightthe premier League season yet get curtailed? What is likely to happen in that event?

I think the players will be well isolated.. and theres only 6/7 games left. I think its likely to be concluded now
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

This was my biggest fear all along. Thankfully we have won the league now so surely that cannot be taken away...?

I always felt that the league would start up again but also that cases would occur in sufficient amounts to bring the restart to a halt... and then a likely cancellation... Luckily inside the sport - so far - it’s been fine..

But with the entirety of Leicester being locked down again - you start to wonder..
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th June 2020 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think the players will be well isolated.. and theres only 6/7 games left. I think its likely to be concluded now
    I think those are the top 5 and those that are in the bot 3 would have something to say about that.

Don't think it'll change anything because of 1 local lockdown (for 2 weeks).

5,000 people were allowed inside Le Havre's 25,000-seat Stade Oceane to see the French League 2 club take on PSG, with Neymar and Mbappe in the starting XI.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    5,000 people were allowed inside Le Havre's 25,000-seat Stade Oceane to see the French League 2 club take on PSG, with Neymar and Mbappe in the starting XI.
    I wonder how long for clubs to be allowed full capacity. Maybe years. Substantial loss of income.
    What happens if an outbreak is attributed to a particular ground?
    Are the club liable to be sued?. I think this is the case for company premises regarding Legionella (another respiratory disease).

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    I was thinking the same as Kev

Play behind closed doors

Only watch on TV

Imagine that omg

Yep we are too many people on the planet near 8 billion!
    Imagine that!!

o
    m
    g

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I wonder how long for clubs to be allowed full capacity. Maybe years. Substantial loss of income.
    What happens if an outbreak is attributed to a particular ground?
    Are the club liable to be sued?. I think this is the case for company premises regarding Legionella (another respiratory disease).
    I honestly think it wouldn't be much of a problem now, the amount of people that have it, is at a all time low in this country.

But on the otherhand, how society is very paranoid at the moment, and rightly so they should try and stop it spreading again due to a 2nd wave, then again they have opened the pubs etc...

But on the other hand to that, look at reality people will still be coming and going in and out of this country, and it's all around the world, only takes 1 person

Can't see this virus going away completely any time soon, so what are we all meant to do, live in fear? not live our lives? never be back to normal?

Imagine if it was something more deadly... in theory flu kills more people, it's a bit worrying... would we be housebound for years? how many deaths per person who has it with corona? 2%? at most, and that's mostly very old people, obviously not all people that die from it are old, but majority have underlying issues/age

Masks in shops are a bit late too, aren't they? shouldn't all people in carehomes wear them months ago? no? way to install more fear

There's 0 new cases last 4 days here... I ain't living life of fear and anxiety like the news makes people......

We're all going to self-isolate with a winter cold for 2 weeks out of fear it's fucking corona, you probably won't be able to work with the sniffles anymore! sucks if you don't get sick pay because you're job is wank.

Only thing boris and co are thinking of is elections in years time they obviously want to come out of this looking good, i feel like they've already fucked it on that though...... they don't give a shit I believe hanncock was laughing his arse off when the masks was announced, there's a clip somewhere.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 16th July 2020 at 04:31 PM.