Page 139 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3989129132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

My Mum's friend knows an Immunologist who slips said friend (recovering Cancer patient) bits of info as to where local hotspots are and I am about 2 miles from an area where things aren't stellar - and it's an area full of folks I would file under the "very happy to ignore Science" types.

If it weren't for people like that floating around I'd be very keen to see things become "normal" again but as it stands I still have mixed feelings.

The science is becoming much clearer AND is backed up by real word examples like Sweden and also and to a lesser extent Germany.

Social distance where possible to minimise exposure to infection. ‘Viral load’ is key - spending long periods indoors in close proximity to infected people dramatically escalates risk. In healthy people - It seems that the dose of Covid 19 you receive is the decider between having mild to no symptoms and your immune system becoming overwhelmed. The response by various governments around the globe however smack of an opportunistic land grab..

My friend is a doctor working in Harlow hospital and they currently have zero Covid inpatients. The same story exists mostly everywhere and has done more or less since a couple of weeks after the completely classic epidemiological disease curve drew to a close many weeks ago.

Remember this lockdown, itself a prison term, was initiated in order to 'flatten the curve' and protect the NHS, which they wrongly thought was going to be overrun. In the end, they shut down the massive Nightingale field hospitals for lack of patients. Eliminating the disease was never an objective back then - this new obsession has slipped into the fray unnoticed.

There is no evidence that the lockdown made one bit of difference to the spread of the disease. The tragic abuse of nursing home residents may have increased the death rate in that setting but the curve was otherwise unflattened and looks no different in almost any global location to that of Sweden and other countries that didn't ruin their economy and take away the basic human rights of their citizens in the name of safety.

Sid, the hotspots are to do with cases, not deaths. The increase in cases is related to increases in testing. The coronavirus is doing what all coronaviruses do during summer - circulating through the population doing very little damage. We have become obsessed with it and no one seems able to keep it in perspective. I've just heard a spokesperson for the teachers union on radio outlining why she thinks they're right to keep the schools closed. In any other time in history she would be seen as insane but this is the new normal apparently.

It is more or less completely safe to go about normal life now and the crazy measures we are still bogged down with are not making any difference anyway.

What would constitute evidence of the lockdown actually flattening the curve in your view, Taksin?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-cases-deaths

look at the difference between cases and deaths

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    What would constitute evidence of the lockdown actually flattening the curve in your view, Taksin?
    The curve would be flatter - that means the time it takes to reach the peak and the time it takes to descend from the peak would be greater. It would not look like a normal curve, it would be stretched. Overlay our curve on the Swedish one and they are the same shape, only we have a worse death rate. But the shape is a reflection of what happens in nature. It is naturally shaped and unaffected by our efforts.

Can someone imbed this graph? I'm having trouble. It shifts the Covid mortality graph back a few weeks to compare it with the flu outbreaks in winter 1999/2000 and 1998/99. It shows little difference in numbers or overall pattern of death rate.

https://twitter.com/AlistairHaimes/status/1293134628371472385/photo/1
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Scamdemic......

Do not get tested and DO NOT GET THE VACCINE....

It's all a big population control exercise and as Steveo has said, most governments are using it as a land grab excuse.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Speaking as someone in their sixties, I'd like to believe it's over and there won't be any more deaths from it.
    It's not just age related, it can affect people with health issues, whatever their age.
    For me, the WHO are the ones to listen to. They, I believe, are saying its far from over.
    The younger generations seem to be less susceptible and less likely to die from it, possibly due to their general good health.
    If it were possible to keep the yoinger/healthier people completely away from older/less healthy people, then it would be possible to get people back to work and revive the economy. It can't be done, however, because of families.
    Let's hope it ends soon, for everyone's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Speaking as someone in their sixties, I'd like to believe it's over and there won't be any more deaths from it.
    It's not just age related, it can affect people with health issues, whatever their age.
    For me, the WHO are the ones to listen to. They, I believe, are saying its far from over.
    The younger generations seem to be less susceptible and less likely to die from it, possibly due to their general good health.
    If it were possible to keep the yoinger/healthier people completely away from older/less healthy people, then it would be possible to get people back to work and revive the economy. It can't be done, however, because of families.
    It's never ended, redebrek. People die from the flu in large number every single year. As recently as 2017/18, a million people died worldwide from three flu strains that year (I believe we are up to 600,000 for Covid so far). Yet normal life carried on. With those flus, it's normal for many more children and young people to die. The average age to die of Covid is 81. Prof Dolores Cahill says not a single child has died of Covid that did not have other serious conditions.

So if you are waiting for a day when people are not dying of respiratory diseases, it is not coming.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    The WHO organisation come across as disorganized.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”