Page 14 of 248 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Matches in Spain's top two divisions will be played behind closed doors for at least the next two weeks because of coronavirus concerns.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51815623

If domestic games are getting this treatment now, what's going to happen to the CL and Euros ?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Am just thinking if any games get played behind closed doors at Anfield. Why don't they just have 50 thousand full life cardboard cut outs of Jurgen with a mean looking face staring back at the opposition.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Hopefully we can wrap the League up quickly.

Would be a shame if it was won with no crowd to witness it.

Jurgen slaps down the reporter from Madrid and rightly so, asking stupid questions about physical contact between the players and if Jurgen was worried. That journo lives in Madrid, the spread of corona virus is worse there, I believe they are set to be playing behind closed doors, if he's worried about it, he shouldn't get on a fucking place to come to the UK to ask dumb ass questions at a press conference, he should consider him coming from a place that's higher risk to the UK could potentially escalate the spread and stay at home the dumb fuck
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Barcelona v Napoli to be played behind closed doors next week. Hard to imagine the Nou Camp with no crowd for a CL game.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Hopefully we can wrap the League up quickly.

Would be a shame if it was won with no crowd to witness it.
    Surely some scouser has a real sized replica pl trophy to hand to the team when we wrap the league up at Everton, Anfield or City.

The lads go down to applaud the fans, get given the replica and Hendo does his thing in front of the away end or Anfield.

Might not get the chance in our last home game otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Barcelona v Napoli to be played behind closed doors next week. Hard to imagine the Nou Camp with no crowd for a CL game.
    Haven't seen numbers

But it seems thousands of fans turned up outside the ground

That went well !

I know this is serious

But the figures of infection are high

But the deaths quite low

Children not effected by this

Elderly and sick

I just dont understand

As I repeat again 50 000 excess died in mid December 1999 to January 2000 in the uk alone re influenza
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Haven't seen numbers

But it seems thousands of fans turned up outside the ground

That went well !

I know this is serious

But the figures of infection are high

But the deaths quite low

Children not effected by this

Elderly and sick

I just dont understand

As I repeat again 50 000 excess died in mid December 1999 to January 2000 in the uk alone re influenza
    It does seem like a major overreaction to me.
    Matches being cancelled will be a downer. I've got tickets for me and boys to go to the legends game on the 28th. It'll be their first time at Anfield so they will be devastated if we cant go, been so excited since xmas.
    I've got tickets for Guns N Rose's and Pearl Jam in the summer too. Pearl jam already cancelled their whole US tour today.

Trump tweeted about the only decent thing hes ever said yesterday in relation to people who die from flu in comparison to this.

The Italian football federation say the Serie A season may not finish, matches will be postponed and they can decide the champions by play offs! dafuq

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    The Italian football federation say the Serie A season may not finish, matches will be postponed and they can decide the champions by play offs! dafuq
    You can see why they might do that in Serie A because the table is so very very close

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=setnXuq-IY7agQaUiYy4CA&q=serie+a+table&oq=serie+a+table&gs _l=psy-ab.3..0l10.4642841.4648580..4649128...1.0..0.103.1 194.15j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....6..0i131j0i362i308i154i357j0i131i70i253j0i 3.BxIfGf6MI8E&ved=0ahUKEwiq25eh05DoAhUObcAKHZQEA4c Q4dUDCAg&uact=5

Still a very dumb idea if you ask me, maybe they just mean a play off between Juventus and Lazio because there's less than 3 points between them? Still incredibly dumb
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”