Page 142 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4292132135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    This is the big crux now. Is it a second wave but not as deadly? It certainly seems so to me.
    I saw this thing on Facebook recently where a guy was asking what are we actually waiting for? Zero cases? Zero deaths? What's the end point for a return to normal life? There doesn't seem to be an answer.
    No it's not a second wave. The 'cases' are a function of increased testing. I think they shut down Leicester with less than a hundred new cases. We don't know how many of them even had symptoms, never mind hospital admission.

These numbers of cases are probably normal for this type f year - t's just that we never normally have so much testing.

There is also a big problem with tests. False negatives are high and there's talk of the tests measuring 'dead' viruses. Either way, if you were to look at the illness, there appears to be no second spike. This is the illusion that we are locking down over.

I linked to a chart on the other page that showed, as 'cases' have been increasing, there is no corresponding increase in death.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    No it's not a second wave. The 'cases' are a function of increased testing. I think they shut down Leicester with less than a hundred new cases. We don't know how many of them even had symptoms, never mind hospital admission.

These numbers of cases are probably normal for this type f year - t's just that we never normally have so much testing.

There is also a big problem with tests. False negatives are high and there's talk of the tests measuring 'dead' viruses. Either way, if you were to look at the illness, there appears to be no second spike. This is the illusion that we are locking down over.

I linked to a chart on the other page that showed, as 'cases' have been increasing, there is no corresponding increase in death.
    Yes the death rate has been low for a while now.
    Its frustrating, what is the end point? The govt have winged it from the start so they literally haven't a clue either.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yes the death rate has been low for a while now.
    Its frustrating, what is the end point? The govt have winged it from the start so they literally haven't a clue either.
    It started with flattening the curve. The curve doesn’t look very flat to me. It’s a classic respiratory disease winter pattern curve. Anyway, they think they have saved the NHS, or at least need to keep to that story to save face.

But what’s happened since then is very strange. They are now trying to eradicate the virus, a completely unrealistic goal. It’s like an obsession, bar the fact that I’m not convinced they actually believe it - just like Nancy Pelosi doesn’t actually believe it. They set about scaring the population in order to get compliance. Now we are scared they have to pretend to eradicate the virus, for which they have no powers to do so.

There are other weird forces at work but best leave them for another time. For now, I’d like to see people demand to be able to watch live football. Seems a fair demand given that the disease has gone and does very little damage to the under 65s.

It started with flattening the curve. The curve doesn’t look very flat to me. It’s a classic respiratory disease winter pattern curve. Anyway, they think they have saved the NHS, or at least need to keep to that story to save face.

But what’s happened since then is very strange. They are now trying to eradicate the virus, a completely unrealistic goal. It’s like an obsession, bar the fact that I’m not convinced they actually believe it - just like Nancy Pelosi doesn’t actually believe it. They set about scaring the population in order to get compliance. Now we are scared they have to pretend to eradicate the virus, for which they have no powers to do so.

There are other weird forces at work but best leave them for another time. For now, I’d like to see people demand to be able to watch live football. Seems a fair demand given that the disease has gone and does very little damage to the under 65s.
    .. and fuck the over 65s?..

To be fair, I don't know the answer to this pandemic. Unfortunately people in power don't seem to know the answer either!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post

To be fair, I don't know the answer to this pandemic. Unfortunately people in power don't seem to know the answer either!
    The Stanford study showed that under 65s are more likely to die in a car crash on the way to work. That's why I used that age. I think 60% of those aged between 70-79 who get the virus have no symptoms. The median age of those who have died is 81 (83 in Sweden I believe).

These are statistics that should lower the anxiety that has been deliberately used to control behaviour. A govt leak a few weeks ago showed that this was done consciously.

So, why not allow under 65s into stadiums? That was my point. In fact, I believe every person has the right to take their own risks. If you are very scared of this disease, self isolate. Why should the rest of us?

It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than Live On Your Knees.!!
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

“In fact, I believe every person has the right to take their own risks. If you are very scared of this disease, self isolate. Why should the rest of us?”

Now this I like. The hospitals are not overrun with cases displaying severe symptoms and death rates are minuscule.

I’m in the Events Industry and we are being seriously fucked over. We had an extremely successful thriving business, growing at a rate we decided on, 65 full time staff and 30-40 self employed. On course for well over a million tickets sold during 2020 and 40 UK venues reliant on the revenue we provide.
    Yet if we cannot get events back on at pretty close to capacity by December at the latest we likely won’t have a business to come back to.

There are well over a hundreds of thousand of jobs in Events and Hospitality hanging by a thread, time get our shit together and get back at. Those who are concerned feel free to stay indoors and self isolate while the rest of us get about saving the UK economy.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post

Would seem so red on the surface at least - and is likely true to an extent but I believe there is more at play here.

The Stanford study showed that under 65s are more likely to die in a car crash on the way to work. That's why I used that age. I think 60% of those aged between 70-79 who get the virus have no symptoms. The median age of those who have died is 81 (83 in Sweden I believe).

These are statistics that should lower the anxiety that has been deliberately used to control behaviour. A govt leak a few weeks ago showed that this was done consciously.

So, why not allow under 65s into stadiums? That was my point. In fact, I believe every person has the right to take their own risks. If you are very scared of this disease, self isolate. Why should the rest of us?
    This ^....all day long.
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th September 2020 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

There are well over a hundreds of thousand of jobs in Events and Hospitality hanging by a thread, time get our shit together and get back at. Those who are concerned feel free to stay indoors and self isolate while the rest of us get about saving the UK economy.
    I honesty believe this is a great scandal in our midst. The fall out from this is still to be seen. Include the travel and tourism industry and we have a multitude of small businesses being crushed because the government has become scared of standing up to a certain group of scientific lobbyists. Big businesses are the ones who can survive as they have access to the cheap credit, but I now think they will also feel the devastating effects of these foolish measures.

Look at Rolls Royce jet engines - I'd say they are the jewell in the withered crown of our manufacturing industry - laying off highly skilled workers in the thousands, strangling the service industries in those communities. Where does it end?

Meanwhile in Sweden they have taken different scientifc advice and haven't killed off their economy in the name of theoretical risk (the second spike). If they were in charge we'd all be going to watch the football again and the hospitals would be no more affected than they already are.

Agenda 2030 vid.....See what you all make of it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PrY7nFbwAY