Page 143 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4393133136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Agenda 2030 vid.....See what you all make of it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PrY7nFbwAY

Thanks for Sharing Martyboy

Is that your twin sister heading up the piece there Marty?

Man City say Mahrez and Laporte have tested positive for covid 19

Meanwhile Foden and Greenwood are investigated but the FA for breaking quarantine rules.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Man City say Mahrez and Laporte have tested positive for covid 19

Meanwhile Foden and Greenwood are investigated but the FA for breaking quarantine rules.
    Quite amazing how many footballers are catching it

I hope they've not visted any older relatives

And yes death rate is low atm, but it's just shot back up again case wise expect more in 2-4 weeks, especially if those that have caught it have passed it onto the older generation, or old themselves.

I'm not concerned for myself, but I think the pubs may shut again if it keeps rising, especially as they're saying it's due to younger generation (easy to blame pubs etc) which will end quite a few if that does happen.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 7th September 2020 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Quite amazing how many footballers are catching it

I hope they've not visted any older relatives

And yes death rate is low atm, but it's just shot back up again case wise expect more in 2-4 weeks, especially if those that have caught it have passed it onto the older generation, or old themselves.

I'm not concerned for myself, but I think the pubs may shut again if it keeps rising, especially as they're saying it's due to younger generation (easy to blame pubs etc) which will end quite a few if that does happen.
    There seems to quite a fair chance of long term health problems from this virus even if you only develop minimal systems. Some say as high as 10%. That applies to young people and these are the ones that are contracting the virus in large numbers. This long term effect could well ruin a footballer's career.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Nearly 3k new cases recorded in a day in UK

shooting backup, get in the pubs quick before they close

I thought the numbers lagged at the weekend too?
    ...wait for the ricochet

Again, how many of these cases have any illness? No one is talking about it and no one is even asking the question. Why get upset about cases being recorded by tests that are known to give false positives on people who are not ill, never mind dying? Is anyone anywhere trying to reduce the anxiety?

The ‘ricochet’ is thus far imaginary. the increase in cases may just as well be explained by an increase in testing. The virus is behaving normally, rumbling around the population through summer doing next to no damage.

As for 3 thousand cases, there are over a thousand hospitals in the UK, to keep things in perspective. The idea that we have a handle on how the virus is moving through the population is hubris - just as the Ro number was before. It’s guesswork.

Footballers in particular are extremely safe.

Quite a number of lockdowns being implemented throughout the UK due to increased positive testing.
    Our economy is in the shitter for the foreseeable future.

Groups of 6 or more banned from monday.

That puts an end to protest presumably