Page 147 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4797137140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Speaking as someone in their 60s, who's seen a very close friend suffer VERY BADLY from this in March, I don't have a clue what to think.
    I and my family always wear masks around people, try to keep 2 metres away.
    We go shopping rarely, aiming to visit any shops when they're near enough empty.
    It's a shambles, people don't know what to expect.
    Take a vitamin c with zinc supplement, cheap ones in the supermarkets you drop in water.
    Take a vitamin d supplemement, a bit more expensive but not too steep. Tablet, cod liver oil, eat liver or seafood in diet. Fruit and veg.

Dont stress, think about the good life youve had and try not to worry.
    Spend time outside even if just your backgarden and absorb some sunlight.
    Do some excercises.

My impression is that the virus has lost a lot of its potency. In italy those presenting two months or so after their peak were presenting with an "infinitesimal" viral load compared to the height of their death toll. Not looked at this as much as others on here at a guess, but that pattern seems to be consistent enough.
    Cases rising, deaths low and impact less on people as the viral load is reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Speaking as someone in their 60s, who's seen a very close friend suffer VERY BADLY from this in March, I don't have a clue what to think.
    I and my family always wear masks around people, try to keep 2 metres away.
    We go shopping rarely, aiming to visit any shops when they're near enough empty.
    It's a shambles, people don't know what to expect.
    I really dont understand why people cant wear masks at the supermarket etc.
    And there should be temperature checks at the entrance doors.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Temperature checks are pretty much useless.

One can still be a carrier of the virus (and most importantly spread it) while not showing any symptoms at all.

In fact, that's the primary way it's spread so much because a lot of asymptomatic people have been going around justifiably believing they're not sick but in the process spreading it far wider than a truly sick or symptomatic person would.

I think that's why masks matter more.
    If I have the virus and don't know I do because I'm not showing any symptoms or have very mild symptoms, then having a mask mitigates and reduces the places I'll be able to spread it to.

I think masking and frequent tests (and contact tracing) are the most effective ways that most countries that have gotten it under control have been able to do so.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Medical exemptions, resisting the police/nannystate and id imagine walking around the shop with your gob shut is likely nearly as good and less discomforting.
    I wear mine to avoid conflict with the mentally disturbed and anxious ones.

A quick, non-invasie and disposable saliva tester for covid would be ideal. A paper strip you stick in your gob and it tells you if you have covid or not would work best.

Tbh it really isnt difficult or uncomfortable to put a mask on.

People are stupid and inconsiderate !

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Temperature checks are pretty much useless.

One can still be a carrier of the virus (and most importantly spread it) while not showing any symptoms at all.

In fact, that's the primary way it's spread so much because a lot of asymptomatic people have been going around justifiably believing they're not sick but in the process spreading it far wider than a truly sick or symptomatic person would.

I think that's why masks matter more.
    If I have the virus and don't know I do because I'm not showing any symptoms or have very mild symptoms, then having a mask mitigates and reduces the places I'll be able to spread it to.

I think masking and frequent tests (and contact tracing) are the most effective ways that most countries that have gotten it under control have been able to do so.
    But if someone does have a temperature etc it would help to stop some of it spreading.

Simple measures that most just dont do.

Pretty pathetic tbh joe public.

Tbh it really isnt difficult or uncomfortable to put a mask on.

People are stupid and inconsiderate !
    There is no evidence that they make any positive difference. There are also plenty of reasons why they are a bad idea.

I don’t wear them because I think they are ridiculous and I’m tired of pseudoscience being used to ruin society.

Contact tracing may have been effective in certain settings but may not. There is nothing that testing does to slow the spread of the virus. We can also see how testing is currently being used to set us back again, with talk of more lockdown, despite the actual illness not returning.

The one most effective thing that could have been done but wasn’t was a proper isolation of nursing homes. They can be locked down without ruining the economy. The median age of those who died was 81 in most places. In Sweden the average age was so high that this season didn’t see a lowering of the average life-span due to Covid.

None of these measures would have helped redebrek’s friend who had a disproportionately rough time by the sounds of things.
    Last edited by Taksin; 13th September 2020 at 12:03 AM.

This is probably an urban myth. Firstly it hasn’t spread so much - no more that most respiratory viruses spread.
    Also the idea that it has magical spreading ability amongst the asymptomatic is probably an idea promulgated during the scariest phase when we thought it had unique potency.

There’s footage of Fauci explaining that symptomatic transmission drives an epidemic. I’m actually not sure precisely what he means by that but the basic idea is that this is nothing new or unusual, despite what others have said. I’ll link to the brief clip below.
    Last edited by Taksin; 13th September 2020 at 12:02 AM.

this is particularly important for the current panic about test positive cases, which seem to be almost entirely asymptomatic