Page 158 of 248 FirstFirst ... 58108148151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Restrictions being introduced over here from tomorrow evening at 6pm no going to other people's houses or up to 6 people from 2 households allowed in the garden.
    What a load of shite. I can't go to my parents house but we can meet up for a meal?

Was the eat out to help out, a huge mistake on the governments part now we have a increase off cases ?

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Doesn't like schools? How so? Are there fewer cases among children or what?
    It was just my attempt at being light hearted - despite the subject matter...

Really don’t know - but government policy is to KEEP schools open at all cost! They believe risk of infection at schools is extremely low despite all evidence pointing to precisely the same risk of infection as for anyone else in a similar environment.

We are looking at politically driven decisions here IMO.

Infections for any rRespiratory illness will increase seasonally - this is fact so the surprise is shocking to say the least.
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st September 2020 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Was the eat out to help out, a huge mistake on the governments part now we have a increase off cases ?
    Think it's more to do with pubs being back open tbh

I'm expecting no mixing of househoulds to be announced tomorrow or very limited, and a curfew 10pm for pubs- i'm not sure what difference it'll all make but yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Think it's more to do with pubs being back open tbh

I'm expecting no mixing of househoulds to be announced tomorrow or very limited, and a curfew 10pm for pubs- i'm not sure what difference it'll all make but yeah...
    The crazy thing about it is the pubs (alcohol only) havn't been open here from it all kicked off. but are opening on Wednesday for the first.

The increase in 'cases' is almost certainly tied to Autumn more than it is too behaviour. That's why there are similar patterns everywhere.

There are also similar patterns in testing, which has increased everywhere too. It has been established that these tests maybe showing up to ten times as many positives as would bear any relation to practical disease transmission.

Although I have predicted that deaths will not rise significantly with this supposed spike, the one possibility is that our lockdown has left some areas slower to reach - I saw data the other day that showed Sweden having zero deaths that day, while ours is supposedly rising (I have my doubts about the counting, given the political skin in the game).

And it should be remembered that more people die in winter every year, a well known fact. Given that the overwhelming numbers of deceased have been elderly and infirm (to the extent that normal mortality for last winter was seen in many countries), this year we have another generation of people who are ready to die. Sorry to point that out, but that is actually how life works. Those people will tend to need something to carry them across the river, as one epidemiologist put it.

Yet again, children and the young stand little chance of dying from it. Their herd immunity will make it easier to protect nursing homes - probably the one practical thing we could do. As would stadiums full of people who are highly unlikely to die of it and have freely chosen to take the risk. Why, young people could even get discounted tickets if anyone had a bit of vision.

@Steveo

Ah, sorry, mate, didn't pick up on that.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

always look on the bright side! at least this generation has made history!

A Leyton Orient player has tested positive for covid 19. If they are unable to field a side this week then their league cup tie will be awarded to Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @Steveo

Ah, sorry, mate, didn't pick up on that.
    Wouldn’t make sense in Germany where your government are actually doing their job.