Page 16 of 248 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122232666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Downward trends in China’s epidemic statistics suggest that its efforts have been effective. Only 19 new cases were reported Tuesday, all but two of them in Hubei province, of which Wuhan is the capital. Vast swaths of the province have been locked down since Jan. 23 as authorities tried to contain the novel coronavirus that causes the disease covid-19.

But the draconian restrictions worked only after the flu-like virus had infected more than 80,000 people and killed about 3,140

... so 2 months on figures seem to be lower now

- warmer weather hopefully will help things

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    This Arsenal and UAE FC ruse will likely have repercussions for UAE FC and their Champions League aspirations - Arsenal played Olympiakos a week earlier when if they didn't meet the owner, they were in contact with Olympiakos staff who regularly meet with him, since then they have played the bitters, who have played the filthy and Chelsea since and the filthy have played UAE FC since playing the bitters- Ergo, UAE FC should seek medical advice and ask UEFA to postpone their second leg v Real or pull out of the competition
    You should be on UEFA/ fa boards

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    You should be on UEFA/ fa boards
    Well surely that's right? If their owner has it now it is most likely he contracted it in Greece and was surely in attendance at Olypiacos' home tie v Arsenal if not directly in contact with Arsenal players and staff, in contact with his players and staff who were then in contact with Arsenal's, so all clubs who have played Arsenal since the first leg and other clubs who have played those clubs should all seek medical advice just to be safe surely? So UAE FC should self isolate until after the international break, including forfeiting their Champions League last 16 tie as UEFA won't postpone it as they wouldn't postpone Wolves game against Olympiacos
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Olympiakos played both Arsenal and Wolves ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    " - The geographical spread of nCoV has so far been restricted to countries with colder climates.
    - Most of the major cities in India witnessed temperatures in the range of 10 to 35°C in February.
    -However, experts warn that higher temperature alone may not help to curb the new coronavirus"
    How many tests per million people are they administering there? If it's like three, then no wonder few cases are being reported.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Looks like all CL and EL games involving Italian sides are going to be reviewed.

In light of this development they need to review non essential non football personnel who are more exposed to the outside world mingling with players and staff. Most footballers live in something of a bubble quite separate from sources that could lead to them contracting Coronavirus

I'd look to stop such non football people who are more exposed to environments in which they could contract the virus from being anywhere near the players and other essential football staff for now
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Have any of you hombres seen that video that's doing the rounds of that Wuhan exotic market? Fuck me. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Have any of you hombres seen that video that's doing the rounds of that Wuhan exotic market? Fuck me. Wow.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Link?
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wuhan+exotic+market

take your pick mate