Page 164 of 248 FirstFirst ... 64114154157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171174214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

It's absolutely stupid that the league still decided to keep the cup competitions going as well as the Internationals (I know that's not in their hands) given the risk that we might be forced to have a shortened season.

Certainly they should have cancelled at least the Carabao Cup for his season and at least reduced FA cup ties to single leg ties.
    The internationals are the ones that seem like a no-brainer to me since they in fact actually entail the actual risk of infection spread, so why we're still having those, just boggles the mind.

I understand the money argument (especially for the cup competitions inasfar as how they benefit clubs from the lower leagues - and given how perilous it is for a lot of them right now to survive, particularly without the fans in the grounds. But isn't the biggest financial driver the gate receipts from fans attending games in those cup ties anyway, and that's pretty much now gone as it stands, regardless?

Just get rid of them and ensure we have a completed league season and don't have to undergo another months long shut-down before the title is decided.
    At least that's what I think.

The more games (and pointless risk of increased injuries) and more chances of things going to pot later on,......it just doesn't make sense to me.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    According to the club he's not symptomatic or is mildly symptomatic.

Which means for all intents and purposes he's as fit as you or I and can probably still train, even though the club would understandably be against it for the time being for fear of making it worse.

I get the sense that he's got the more 'lighter' case of it which means he'll likely be out of the woods sooner rather than later (as opposed to the more serious bouts that people get where you have to go to hospital into a ventilator and get intubated).

The major concern right now as you rightly point out is the risk of infecting his family (if they're not infected yet) or infecting teammates and risking a wider team-wide contamination.

I don't think fitness was ever an issue with him since he had already been playing in Bayern Munich's opening season games and the Internationals with Spain. It was more a case of getting up to speed with our system (which isn't too dissimilar to Bayern's high press style, to be fair).
    It think it's more a case of frustration for him now, because as a new player you really want to hit the ground running and get in sync with your new teammates and get on the same wavelength like Jota seems to be doing.
    That's usually the hardest part of joining a new team - especially from a league abroad as we also saw with Keita and Minamino (to a lesser extent) and probably also explains why Jota settled so quickly.
    agree system wise....but i believe to work in that system fitness of our players has to be pushed to a level most players aren't used to........well i like to think that anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    It's absolutely stupid that the league still decided to keep the cup competitions going as well as the Internationals (I know that's not in their hands) given the risk that we might be forced to have a shortened season.

Certainly they should have cancelled at least the Carabao Cup for his season and at least reduced FA cup ties to single leg ties.
    The internationals are the ones that seem like a no-brainer to me since they in fact actually entail the actual risk of infection spread, so why we're still having those, just boggles the mind.

I understand the money argument (especially for the cup competitions inasfar as how they benefit clubs from the lower leagues - and given how perilous it is for a lot of them right now to survive, particularly without the fans in the grounds. But isn't the biggest financial driver the gate receipts from fans attending games in those cup ties anyway, and that's pretty much now gone as it stands, regardless?

Just get rid of them and ensure we have a completed league season and don't have to undergo another months long shut-down before the title is decided.
    At least that's what I think.

The more games (and pointless risk of increased injuries) and more chances of things going to pot later on,......it just doesn't make sense to me.
    International tournament finals scheduled start
    European: June 2021
    World: November 2022

Mane has tested positive for Covid 19.

Fuck.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Theres a waste of time and space aka an international break after the villa game so he should be fine for the game against the Bitters.
    Apparently his hairline hasnt got it yet as its that far back.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Apparently his hairline hasnt got it yet as its that far back.
    A sign of his virility

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Mane has tested positive for Covid 19.
    Mane has tested positive for the Bill Gates bio weapon man made in Wuhan. I bet they used the dodgy Bill Gates testing kit that dosent even test for it. COVID 19 = COMMON COLD #PLANDEMIC #SCAMDEMIC Enjoy your break Mane, see you for the bitters game.

He'll only miss villa game right at least we have Jota?

Was maneee and thiago kissing in a tree?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd October 2020 at 11:33 PM.

This is already a car crash of a season. Three games in and we’ve already been without 2 CB’s, our Captain, our new World Class No6, our replacement LB, Ox is still out and now Mané.
    Three games in.