Page 165 of 248 FirstFirst ... 65115155158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

We've been relatively lucky with injuries over the past two seasons and we're in the middle of a pandemic. Other teams are bound to be affected by it as well.

It's not too bad thus far I think.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Could be a good thing.....As long as its not seriously affecting his or his Families health........if he can train in isolation maybe it gives him an opportunity to get himself up to Klopp fitness levels?
    Dear Taksin,
    I think you should stop being our forum resident expert on this illness.
    As an aside what do you think constitutes an expert?
    For myself I regard myself as an excellent technician who has worked with many so-called or self-titled experts but very few if any deserves that title. Maybe my karate teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    This is already a car crash of a season. Three games in and we’ve already been without 2 CB’s, our Captain, our new World Class No6, our replacement LB, Ox is still out and now Mané.
    Three games in.
    Maximum points so far in the competition that matters most.

There are obstacles and difficulties thus far, but it's not exactly 10/11 yet.

At least there's an international break soon. I mean it's not like any of our players will catch the covid jetting off around the world is it.

This virus can have long term effects on people who experience only mild symptoms regardless of age or health or wealth.. Sooner or later there will be a footballer who succumbs and career is finished

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear Taksin,
    I think you should stop being our forum resident expert on this illness.
    As an aside what do you think constitutes an expert?
    For myself I regard myself as an excellent technician who has worked with many so-called or self-titled experts but very few if any deserves that title. Maybe my karate teacher.
    Why are you calling shminkyred Taksin. Shminkys a DJ !

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    At least there's an international break soon. I mean it's not like any of our players will catch the covid jetting off around the world is it.
    Can we organise a strike at John Lennon airport !?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    This is already a car crash of a season. Three games in and we’ve already been without 2 CB’s, our Captain, our new World Class No6, our replacement LB, Ox is still out and now Mané.
    Three games in.
    Nothing to worry about at the moment really boohoo we went out the shit Cup with mainly 3rd tier squad.

You're being a bit drastic tbh noone has long term injuries if salah thiago Henderson and vvd was out for a month or any long term injurys I'd agree

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Why are you calling shminkyred Taksin. Shminkys a DJ !
    Apologies Shminkyred - thank you CCTV
    My post was to Taksin

It’s not just us, there are already a ridiculous number of injuries and as in our instance, cases of Covid. It’s not going to get better any time soon, there is absolutely no rest in between games, ridiculous and pointless International breaks with players flying to all parts, to so many different nations all with the pandemic at different stages and widely varying levels of social distancing and Covid compliance.
    There are currently 16 Salford Rugby League players self isolating, that’s what we very likely have to look forward to.
    It’s a mess.