Page 169 of 248 FirstFirst ... 69119159162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176179219 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Need to nip this in the bud.

Wouldn't take a lot for us to be down to more limited options after a psychological wobble.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if any Villa players test positive in the next week or so...
    For Nandrolone too... They outworked a Klopp team..

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Not joking, the way City, Utd and Liverpool have performed recently I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a number of each squad had the virus but just didn’t know it.
    Yes, because this globally coordinated response was intended but failed to avert the tragedy of some seriously bad football being played

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if any Villa players test positive in the next week or so...
    Doubtful, we never got close enough to any of them. Lolz etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    That's a strange thing to say, SR. Since when does expressing doubts make you an expert? I've linked to a NY times article explaining the state of play with these tests. There are similar British articles. It's in the public domain. I have linked to many sources to back up what I've said on this thread.

I note that one article claimed Mané is experiencing 'mild symptoms', which would prove me wrong if true. Having said that, my next doubt would be whether he has anything more than loss of sense of smell, something that would not stop someone from playing football under any other circumstances.

Oh, and a thousand people died of the flu last week, far more than did from Covid. I heard that on the radio but I'm not claiming to be an expert.

best wishes
    Hi Taksin,
    I am asking what you think constitutes an expert.
    I am not sure what that means.
    OED says
    'Having or involving a great deal of knowledge or skill in a particular area.'
    But this is a new virus
    Can 3 (or maybe many more) experts have different viewpoints ?
    Do they lose their 'expert' title when dealing with a new virus?
    Do they get it back when they appear to be right?

Flu did not bring the world to a standstill
    Flu does not carry such an inhumane suffering.
    This virus is different and the long term effects are yet undocumented but appear to be akin to ME and alzheimers and may affect as much as 1 in 10 people with mild symptoms.
    We are still learning about it.

Take care!
    Last edited by scientificred; 6th October 2020 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Shaq Thiago and Mane?

Don't mind football we've had a colleague test positive and all close contacts still working

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Shaq Thiago and Mane?
    Seems to be targeting the artillery... Hope Salah stays safe..

From an LFC perspective I am concerned that players contracting this virus, albeit mildly or asymptomatic, may suffer long term health impact. If only say 1 or 2% on their physical or mental ability that is the difference between being world class and nearly world class.

It was a bit further away than “nearly” on Sunday.