Page 214 of 248 FirstFirst ... 114164204207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

I’m in Southport we have an infection rate of 47 per 100,000.
    Twenty miles up the coast on the Wirral they’re over 400 per 100,000. In between in Liverpool itself they’re at 200 per 100,000 but we are all part of “Liverpool City region”, which means because of the numbers in Liverpool itself (18 miles away) we will be dragged down into tier 3 but if they go by the Wirral figures we could end up in tier 4 with an infection rate of 47 per 100,000. Total farce.

We're in a curfew as everywhere is closed at 8 o'clock and you are advised not to go out and meeting up is to total no no.
    This was from boxing day for 1 week .

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    at tesco

I know a older lady there, when I popped in few weeks ago, she's exempt so doesn't have to wear a mask (had to haev a big meeting about it still) but she's been fine and worked all through this, yet a few that have worn masks have ended up being positive.

I think personal hygine has a lot to do with it, washing your hands for example.
    During the first lockdown I felt particularly sorry for the supermarket workers as they seemed to be in the worst possible environment for catching the virus. Full of grubby members of the public touching everything, in a stale, poorly ventilated space. Back then no one was wearing a mask either.

The studies have been done and those working in supermarkets and similar establishments had no tendency towards infections above the wider society norm. Amazingly, frontline hospital workers also had no worse outcomes than the general public, even those in lockdown. You may recall that this information goes against the general media impression that was painted, especially in the case of NHS workers.

There has been no end of mis-information given and misunderstanding promoted during this event.

Lots of media going around tonight of ambulances queuing outside hospital's

The weather probably hasn't helped worst time for everything

Why aren't these special covid hospital's open?? Lack of staff i assume

It's a mess how it's been handled here a total joke boris is leaving it to late once again also

Going to be a tough and depressing winter happy new year lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Lots of media going around tonight of ambulances queuing outside hospital's

The weather probably hasn't helped worst time for everything

Why aren't these special covid hospital's open?? Lack of staff i assume

It's a mess how it's been handled here a total joke boris is leaving it to late once again also

Going to be a tough and depressing winter happy new year lolz
    The Nightingales haven't been used due to staff issues, something that was there before Covid. Not sure how the Tories planned on fixing that problem in order for them to be used. Did they planning recruitment from abroad? Or was it just a PR exercise to make it look like they were being proactive in the face of yet another complete ballsup by them?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The Nightingales haven't been used due to staff issues, something that was there before Covid. Not sure how the Tories planned on fixing that problem in order for them to be used. Did they planning recruitment from abroad? Or was it just a PR exercise to make it look like they were being proactive in the face of yet another complete ballsup by them?
    They were closed down because they weren’t needed. So they had allocated a huge amount of staff to these field hospitals and decided to employ than back at the established hospitals.

There is pressure on beds every winter. It’s just that it doesn’t get mentioned except briefly. Plus we have 10% less hospital beds than we did a few years ago. Almost certainly the result of bad decision making.

There’s an article online that I read during the first lockdown which is from 2017/18 from the US where they had to build hospital tents in Central Park to cope with the swell in admissions due to winter flu.

Rather than being hypnotised by the drama around this virus, we really need to ask what is fundamentally different about this year to years such as that one, which passed unnoticed. A million people died globally from three flu strains that winter (2017/18).

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    They were closed down because they weren’t needed. So they had allocated a huge amount of staff to these field hospitals and decided to employ than back at the established hospitals.

There is pressure on beds every winter. It’s just that it doesn’t get mentioned except briefly. Plus we have 10% less hospital beds than we did a few years ago. Almost certainly the result of bad decision making.

There’s an article online that I read during the first lockdown which is from 2017/18 from the US where they had to build hospital tents in Central Park to cope with the swell in admissions due to winter flu.

Rather than being hypnotised by the drama around this virus, we really need to ask what is fundamentally different about this year to years such as that one, which passed unnoticed. A million people died globally from three flu strains that winter (2017/18).
    I was wondering about the Nightingales for a while until a few weeks back but then there was a few reports about the staffing issue. Never been mentioned much since and the mass testing has meant much more staff off due to self isolating or positive tests. Either way it looks like they had no plan in place that would have made them much use anyway.

The narrative now is how the NHS is under pressure and close to breaking point, ambulances parked outside etc.
    The Nightingales are white elephant's it seems. Another total knee jerk (like the PPE debacle) from this shithouse Govt which is them in a nutshell.

I'd be looking into who got the contracts to fit out the nightingales. I know a few fellas who made a small fortune wiring them up.

Yep, the covid field hospitals cost hundreds of millions of pounds, not needed, but a nice little earner for someone just like the PPE contracts.

The NHS staff are rushed off their feet but they can all line the corridor to clap an old lady who had an injection. A lot of the problems were there before covid.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Yep, the covid field hospitals cost hundreds of millions of pounds, not needed, but a nice little earner for someone just like the PPE contracts.

The NHS staff are rushed off their feet but they can all line the corridor to clap an old lady who had an injection. A lot of the problems were there before covid.
    How pathetic is that? I've seen some media make out this lady is amazing for being the first? Why? she's lucky

I don't really understand how 90+ year olds can get the vac, what about younger people that have a very good chance of dying because of other conditions if they catch it?? shouldn't they be first?

It might sound insensitive, but I don't think Betty age 90 will have much longer left anyway, if coronavirus doesn't kill her something else will.