Page 24 of 248 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324252627282930313474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Wait till the Cheltenham spread hits next week.

I've seen rumours here and there that the virus is man-made.
    Has anyone else seen anything along these lines?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Stocked up? What are we talking about here? Booze and snacks, or toilet paper? The latter is sold out where I live.
    Over here the pubs used to close for Good Friday and Christmas day. They open now for good Friday in the very recent past.

On good Friday, stuck at home with no pubs, irish folk bought fook loads of booze and drank more on that day than any other day.
    A few days of a booze and drugs bender without having to look reasonably sound of mind for the pub, could cause it's own pandemic and death toll.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Batman?

Nah, one day when it is man made it'll be a lot higher than 1% mortality.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Over here in Ireland everything is suspended, I work in a supermarket and it’s crazy and we’re the ones who’s going to get the virus as they want to keep them open. I fear that the premiere could be put on ice for a month or so but if it’s stoped now, then we should be crowned champions, I’ve been waiting 30 years and no virus is going to stop us.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    A lass I know who has appropriate "links" to relevant fields was chatting to me about hybridised viral infections recently and allegedly this one can be traced back to, of all things, the Pangolin.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Just been reading about Dr Li Wenliang. Hes the Dr who warned if this in December. He was forced to sign a declaration saying he was spreading rumours. He later contracted the virus and "died" from it. A young,healthy person leaving a pregnant wife and 5 year old son.

Just shows what a sinister nation China are,this should be the chance the people of that nation take to displace communism. I'm surprised Trump hasn't come out and hammered them for this, I expect he will at some point. He'll probably suggest the rest of the world Annexes them.
    Last edited by teesred; 13th March 2020 at 01:13 AM.

Sid, I read about the pangolin link. Its definitely come from a market trading in Illegal wildlife but likely that whichever animal has transmitted it has got it from a bat bite.

Ooh, I wonder which ones want it scrapped???

They haven't even voided the season in Italy yet and they seem to be taking the most extreme measures. No chance it's happening here, not yet at least.

I wouldn't be surprised if some games go ahead this weekend. If they have a 2 week pause every time a club reports some of their staff have the virus, we'll be looking at a never ending season.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."