Page 27 of 248 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930313233343777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Right i'm going to 'try' and sleep, when I wake up I don't want it to be to find out those dumb fucks at the Premier League have suspended all league games because Arteta got himself infected through his side playing in the Europa League and have taken no measures to stop Premier League teams continuing to play in the European competitions that to date have been the only source/cause of infection to any UK player or coach
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    I read somewhere here I think that if the uk used funds to invest from north sea oil like a Norway then many things like education, health and services would be in a better way today.

What did the governments do with the money from privatised national treasures or even ex council houses... how did the invest these monies ?
    They pocketed it Dicko, the UK economy is run like a racket, the UK Gov and it's associates have been effectively stealing billions of taxpayers money every year through privatisation, it's what they've been doing for the last 40 years and thick bastards who read papers or watch media news owned by billionaires or run at their behest by their fellow racketeers in Gov like the BBC keep voting the pricks in because a few very rich people employ a lot of other people to continually tell them to vote themselves poorer in the guise of rule fucking Britannia and being on their side

Too many thick as shit self serving pricks who aren't even self serving because they're too thick to realise that in trying to be self serving doing what they're told works and is good for them, they're shafting themselves and everyone else in the UK
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Cheers John Oliver 🤪🤣🤣🤣👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They pocketed it Dicko, the UK economy is run like a racket, the UK Gov and it's associates have been effectively stealing billions of taxpayers money every year through privatisation, it's what they've been doing for the last 40 years and thick bastards who read papers or watch media news owned by billionaires or run at their behest by their fellow racketeers in Gov like the BBC keep voting the pricks in because a few very rich people employ a lot of other people to continually tell them to vote themselves poorer in the guise of rule fucking Britannia and being on their side

Too many thick as shit self serving pricks who aren't even self serving because they're too thick to realise that in trying to be self serving doing what they're told works and is good for them, they're shafting themselves and everyone else in the UK
    Nearly ALL politicians/Governments are self serving at the expense of those who need the most help. They are only interested in furthering their own careers and lining the pockets of themselves and their 'circle'.

Anyone who thinks otherwise and/or still holds some romantic notion of X political party/politician looking out for you/the interests of 'ordinary people' seriously needs to give their head a wobble.

Hudson Odoi tests positive now.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think that would be the final nail in my football coffin if they manage to find a way to stop us winning the league that way. Literally only watch our games now so it's been slowly dying anyway but that'd do it for me.
    Me too. I would be 100% done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think that would be the final nail in my football coffin if they manage to find a way to stop us winning the league that way. Literally only watch our games now so it's been slowly dying anyway but that'd do it for me.
    It's happening. There's no way they can continue with the league now.
    The question is whether they cancel the season all together making it null and void, or whether they just put it on hold

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    It's happening. There's no way they can continue with the league now.
    The question is whether they cancel the season all together making it null and void, or whether they just put it on hold
    I agree it is 100% happening as managers and players are getting it.

My feeling is we won't be crowned champions if that is the case then i'm with Eggy & Tees what is the point its not just us there are dozens of other clubs whose income will get a huge boost with a promotion which obviously they would be denied if they close down the EPL then no point playing in FL or Non league etc as you are playing for nothing.

It will finish some clubs off lower down as the fans will just think no point paying to watch 7-8 games if they are all dead rubbers.

My guess is they shut the league down till 3rd April that way it is a 3 week break and one of those weeks is an international break and see where we are then but that involves common sense.
    Last edited by LEGS; 13th March 2020 at 10:06 AM.

I think it'll be postponed. A void league is unlikely as it has massive ramifications.

Everybody needs to calm down. They will postpone the Euros for a year to extend every ones leagues season into the summer. What's the delay in all of this, a couple of weeks or months? If it's a couple of weeks then there will be a fixture pile up at the end of the season. Most clubs are out of Europe so they can play more mid-week Prem games when this virus malarkey has blown over.