Page 30 of 248 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930313233343536374080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Just thinking if the league restarts in April sometime. will the fixtures that all ready in place go ahead and the Everton/Palace get placed some place else?? Would be great to have already won the league before we play Everton.I personally don't care how long it takes. all summer as long as the league gets finished
    I am of the same opinion at this moment I just want the title to be official and i'd even accept finishing 4th next season as long as this one gets played out.

We could finish the games later in the summer and just not have any domestic cups next season to fit a few games in I know some not like it but its certainly an idea worth thinking about.

The bad news is that we're always a bit shit after a break. (as if there isn't enough bad news). But on a positive note, Keita might even be fit when we resume.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I was thinking earlier. why don't they start in September in the league next season. then have a 2 month break in jan/feb play the euros (same time as the African nations) then play until June again next season.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The date given for the restart is most likely to be when the peak infections are so it may not go ahead even then. It's all just guessing from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    The bad news is that we're always a bit shit after a break. (as if there isn't enough bad news). But on a positive note, Keita might even be fit when we resume.
    Looking at the fixture we return back to its Man-city we win that,be champions.. They can strip us then surely?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I was thinking earlier. why don't they start in September in the league next season. then have a 2 month break in jan/feb play the euros (same time as the African nations) then play until June again next season.
    There will be all kinds of potential solutions to get past this. I'd imagine a void season will be the last.
    It would make more sense to void next season than one that is 75 percent done.

How come Cheltenham wasn’t called off.

Quote Originally Posted by trueandred View Post
    How come Cheltenham wasn’t called off.
    Because it's for the rich

Well, let's keep calm and see how this one plays out, we need to make sure all our lads stay in the best possible shape and rhythm in the meantime so maybe arrange some inter squad 90 minute games as well as normal training, don't want to get out of form kicking our heels waiting for the resumption
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Well that's gone well, we've voluntarily suspended Melwood activity, I think that's daft, I think we need to stay in shape, if we've taken the right action for non football related staff not having contact with our essential football staff unless absolutely necessary, it's probably better for the players to keep training and even playing matches between the squad as well as training to stay in rhythm.

You would think the likelyhood of infection is increased rather than decreased potentially mixing more with greater society than keeping up our training schedules

This is just dumb in my opinion

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/390427-reds-to-voluntarily-suspend-melwood-activity
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 13th March 2020 at 03:18 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”