Page 32 of 248 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132333435363738394282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

They would have to change the transfer window and it would have implications on players who are out of contract.

A void season hasn't been mentioned yet.
    Let's hope is stays that way.
    Agree crazy dog. Why not close places like cinemas,restaurants, swimming pools,pubs etc. Theres just as much risk there. At the end of the day ae could all self isolate for 3 weeks. Doesn't mean it's gone and it won't be gone.
    Life has to go on or the world grinds to a halt.

I don't see how they solve promotion for the likes of Leeds and West-brom. Same with champions league positions.Something has to be done. The fa-cup will be done away with.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Let's consider a chain of events

Arsenal fixtures since their first meeting with Olympiacos

Everton, Portsmouth West Ham

Everton fixture since their game v Arsenal

The filthy, Chelsea

The filthy fixtures since their games v Everton

Derby UAE FC

UAE FC fixtures since their games v Real Madrid

Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, the filthy

Villa fixtures since their game with UAE FC

Leicester

There looks to be a clear chain of clubs who have been in direct contact with people who have had cases of the virus being contracted and clubs who have played against those clubs, all the clubs reporting symptoms or cases are part of a seemingly very clear chain

What is also clear and possibly a good reason to ask people to submit blood samples for testing, is that the virus doesn't affect everyone who comes into contact with people who have contracted it, ergo, some people are immune to it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What I love about this club. even if we end up being robbed we will take it.. The likes of both manc clubs would take the whole world on with their lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    I'd like to think voiding the season is the absolute last resort, imagine the repercussions throughout the football league, it's massive.

Common sense says finish the season even if it takes until September. The Euro's won't be happening this year, that's a certainty now, so even if next season doesn't start until October/November it doesnt matter.
    There's only nine or ten games left until the end of the season. Common sense says finish this season whatever it takes, because of promotion, relegation. If necessary shorten next season, the Euros aren't going to be played this summer are they?

Just say both squads ie LFC and Man-city are free of the virus and been tested and the FA wants the game to take place behind closed doors in 3 week time.You can bet Man-cheaty will refuse too..Fucking despicable club

I don't think the season will be finished, I think the spread will get progressively worse

The only reasonable option I can see is for the Premier League to award points for the remaining games based on the average number of points per game of each side across the number of games played

It's clear if no more games are played we should be awarded the title, as we only need two wins and we are 25 points ahead of the nearest challenger - there is no reasonable case whatsoever for suggesting a play off to decide the title because it goes totally against all the premises of winning a league title, about the need for consistency over a season. You couldn't expect a team with a 25 point lead with only 9 games left to play off against the next best placed team, that is entirely unrealistic and if ever such an absurd suggestion is put forward at a later date our club should point blank refuse

Second to fourth should go to UAE FC, Leicester and Chelsea

Fifth place to Sheffield UTD

Sixth to the filthy

Seventh to Wolves

Relegation Watford and West Ham should play off to decide the final relegation spot, otherwise it is as it stands
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Just say both squads ie LFC and Man-city are free of the virus and been tested and the FA wants the game to take place behind closed doors in 3 week time.You can bet Man-cheaty will refuse too..Fucking despicable club
    They more or less play to an empty stadium anyway, they'd be used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    They more or less play to an empty stadium anyway, they'd be used to it.
    exactly