Page 33 of 248 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536373839404383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    What I love about this club. even if we end up being robbed we will take it.. The likes of both manc clubs would take the whole world on with their lawyers.
    Don't see that happening at all, it would end up with legal fall out, balance of probability, on the balance of probability no court in the land would find any other verdict than us winning the title
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What I love about this club. even if we end up being robbed we will take it.. The likes of both manc clubs would take the whole world on with their lawyers.
    The club might accept it but I wont im done if that happens and many will feel the same.

As ive said many times if the EPL isnt finished every league in England to the bottom is void as nobody can go up or down football without competition is pointless.

It is only a game and health will always come first I dont care about next season winning a title is what ive waited 30 years for since I was a kid even if it takes till November get it done in a fair and square way.

Jurgen quite rightly slipped this into his statement to the fans today

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The club might accept it but I wont im done if that happens and many will feel the same.

As ive said many times if the EPL isnt finished every league in England to the bottom is void as nobody can go up or down football without competition is pointless.

It is only a game and health will always come first I dont care about next season winning a title is what ive waited 30 years for since I was a kid even if it takes till November get it done in a fair and square way.
    We'll get our title i'm sure, even if no further games are played, it won't be as we would have wanted it though, an open top bus parade with our 3 trophies through the city for all our fans who have waited so long or receiving it in a packed to the rafters Anfield

I didn't mean I want to accept it. I think its on every Liverpools fans mind.we will WIN IT.. fk em
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We'll get our title i'm sure, even if no further games are played, it won't be as we would have wanted it though, an open top bus parade with our 3 trophies through the city for all our fans who have waited so long or receiving it in a packed to the rafters Anfield
    As it is I dont care how we get it or win ANYTHING will suit me now.

Get 2 wins then we can lose last 7 for me i dony care.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Don't see that happening at all, it would end up with legal fall out, balance of probability, on the balance of probability no court in the land would find any other verdict than us winning the title
    What planet are you on ffs, seriously? Probability?
    While it's still mathematically possible for city to win the league do you think they can just give it to us because it looks like we're most likely to win it given our lead? Think about the legal ramifications of that. And what about the poor three fuckers at the bottom, do they just relegate them?
    Think about it logically, if it's not postponed till the summer the season will be written off as null and void

I think Pob is right here we all know we will win it if we play the season out but there is a danger it wont be played out.

It ruins football to the very bottom divisions and has the potential to turn fans off the game.

Of course the likes of Villa/West Ham will be pushing for a void season but they will be up against us/Utd who wont want it cancelled.

I think Pob is right here we all know we will win it if we play the season out but there is a danger it wont be played out.

It ruins football to the very bottom divisions and has the potential to turn fans off the game.

Of course the likes of Villa/West Ham will be pushing for a void season but they will be up against us/Utd who wont want it cancelled.
    Man united would happily turn down champions league if it came to us winning the title.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Let's just see that we do take it and not be Bitter about it.

Some have said that this will knock the stuffing out of our players and their fragile mentalities but it felt like we were robbed of the Champions League in 2018 and then we came back to win it the next season so we'll just have to come back and win the league next season.

This whole crisis is forcing us to re-evaluate what is important, similar to the discussion on the other thread about how to play the game, if we don't win it this season everyone will know we deserved to, life isn't about winning and losing, it's about how you play the game. isn't that why we all follow sport in the first place?

The season is not over yet but it's a real possibility so let's make sure we win this challenge and act like champions.