Page 34 of 248 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637383940414484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    What I love about this club. even if we end up being robbed we will take it.. The likes of both manc clubs would take the whole world on with their lawyers.
    That's all well and good, but some of us may not get another opportunity to see us win the league, possibly because we have succumbed to the very cause of this season possibly being cancelled.

Most teams play several games pre-season, why not just do the season from that point forward. Play those games instead. If players are not fit enough, oh well !!
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Man united would happily turn down champions league if it came to us winning the title.
    Fans might think that way but the people that matter will want it dont forget lots of tv money will be lost if the season does end quickly.

You could be looking at revenue of £70m being lost no business will want that regardless of who wins the league your own club comes before anything else.

On the funny side how funny is Justme calling City Man Cheaty. I proper lolzed at that like.

Where's Kev now this has kicked off ?
    Seriously though I'm starting to get concerned not just the title but my day to day life and earning a living.
    Running a small tiling business employing a couple of lads, it will be difficult doing our job seeing as Italy and by the sounds of it Spain will be in lock down with no exports going out. With them being our main source of tiles.
    Shit could become very real very soon.
    Just like in the recession the self employed in the construction industry will be forgot about.
    Hopefully it won't come to this but we never know.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Fans might think that way but the people that matter will want it dont forget lots of tv money will be lost if the season does end quickly.

You could be looking at revenue of £70m being lost no business will want that regardless of who wins the league your own club comes before anything else.
    I'd love to think that,But Man-united have so much revenue the money issue is not a problem for them. Saying that the other teams like Leicester will need the investment of the champions league. I don't know how the fa would stop them qualifying if the league is postponed for good this season.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We all know the score now, 10 games to fit in from April till May, no other distractions to get in the way.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I'd love to think that,But Man-united have so much revenue the money issue is not a problem for them. Saying that the other teams like Leicester will need the investment of the champions league. I don't know how the fa would stop them qualifying if the league is postponed for good this season.
    They can afford it you are right but that is a vast amount of money to write off and business people think with their heads not their hearts.

Like Ian says they could have huge impacts on peoples lives so we need to try and sort this as quickly as possible.

People will soon be begging for things to go back to normal once your lifestyle is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Where's Kev now this has kicked off ?
    Seriously though I'm starting to get concerned not just the title but my day to day life and earning a living.
    Running a small tiling business employing a couple of lads, it will be difficult doing our job seeing as Italy and by the sounds of it Spain will be in lock down with no exports going out. With them being our main source of tiles.
    Shit could become very real very soon.
    Just like in the recession the self employed in the construction industry will be forgot about.
    Hopefully it won't come to this but we never know.
    That's a nitemare mate, I hope it doesn't come to that for you. Have you looked into what help you can get if it starts affecting your business?
    I noticed RBS were allowing mortgage payment breaks, not sure if others are but surely they have to for the like is yourself who are self employed.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    They can afford it you are right but that is a vast amount of money to write off and business people think with their heads not their hearts.

Like Ian says they could have huge impacts on peoples lives so we need to try and sort this as quickly as possible.

People will soon be begging for things to go back to normal once your lifestyle is on the line.
    That's just it. (Your last paragraph) this may just have to be a threat we live through eventually. Theres no vaccine coming anytime soon, life can't stop till this goes. It can be quelled but the threat will remain. Its the pro activity that will be key, keeping it at bay with sensible measures.