Page 35 of 248 FirstFirst ... 252829303132333435363738394041424585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

I hope people recover soon, This isn't about just Liverpool. But in all fairness. you cant stop a team winning something they deserve.
    I hope a sensible outcome is found for all concerned.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's a nitemare mate, I hope it doesn't come to that for you. Have you looked into what help you can get if it starts affecting your business?
    I noticed RBS were allowing mortgage payment breaks, not sure if others are but surely they have to for the like is yourself who are self employed.
    I think we could all cope if they are in lock down for a month or so but any more and there would be alot of people getting really worried.
    Also the spanish rely heavily on the holiday makers , the problems are endless.

As for me no need to worry just yet I'm currently in a Costa in town while 2 of mine are spending my money shopping! !!
    Teenage girls don't care about things like that plus one has her GCSES and the shit could really hit the fan.

Another 250 deaths in Italy. We've 20 new cases here. Let's stop everything for one month and get this thing under control

Supposedly we are 10 weeks away from the peak of this virus yet. They only carry out 60 tests a day in Ireland. 10000 extra beds suddenly found from somewhere, field hospitals, the army. Rumours of a million infected in Iran. Stories of it being airborne too which I hope aren true but this is very real. I'd lay against us getting the title at this stage tbh if I had to choose. This will be around for months.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Supposedly we are 10 weeks away from the peak of this virus yet. They only carry out 60 tests a day in Ireland. 10000 extra beds suddenly found from somewhere, field hospitals, the army. Rumours of a million infected in Iran. Stories of it being airborne too which I hope aren true but this is very real. I'd lay against us getting the title at this stage tbh if I had to choose. This will be around for months.
    A lot of people are using the very serious situation of this virus to try and profit or gain an advantage from it in some way and I find that incredibly loathsome and sad but unfortunately entirely expected, we're probably the one club who aren't doing that and if no further games of this season are played, 'on the grounds of probability' as it would be decided in a legal case, there is no question or reasonable argument that the Premier League should justly crown us Champions

UAE FC agenda is that they want the league to be cancelled and no team to be awarded the title (us specifically) or for the Premier League to try and give them a free hit in a one off game and have a play off between first and second to decide the title, even though that is entirely unrealistic given they are 25 points behind and it goes against every single premise on which winning a league title has always been and our club would quite rightly never in a million years agree to such a ridiculous suggestion

Leicester would like the league to be cancelled right now and for all current positions to be respected as the finishing positions, but likely would oppose us being crowned Champions too, even though they believe they should be awarded Champions League qualification based on their current position, they really can't have it both ways

Chelsea would undoubtedly absolutely love the league to be cancelled right now and for all current positions to be respected as the finishing positions, but likely would oppose us being crowned Champions too, even though they believe they should be awarded Champions League qualification based on their current position, they really can't have it both ways either

The filthy would undoubtedly love the league to be cancelled right now but would absolutely argue that because just 3 points separate them and Chelsea, they should have a play off to determine who is awarded 4th place. They would unquestionably ooppose us being crowned Champions too, even though they believe they should be awarded a play off Champions League qualification based on their current position, they really can't have it both ways either

Wolves and Sheffield United really don't want the league to be cancelled, because both believe that through playing their remaining games they can finish above both the filthy and Chelsea and claim fourth spot, so they would oppose the league being cancelled and the title and European places being awarded on current positions, I think they if push came to shove they would reluctantly accept it and neither would have any issue with our being crowned Champions as they aren't petty bastards and like us just want to play their remaining games and get what they deserve/have earned

The relegation sides becomes more complicated, all of them would argue that they could have staged a dramatic turn around and got themselves out of trouble, but any legal challenge to a decision to end the league and make awards based on current positions would be unsuccessful on the 'grounds of probability' and the only argument or likely thing that could happen re relegation places would be for Watford and West Ham to have a play off to determine who is in the final relegation place
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If they cancel the league everyone shokld get a point each for the remaining games and positions finish as they are after that. Hey presto. We're campione!

Wheres the million infected in Iran come from?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Wheres the million infected in Iran come from?
    There was a story doing the rounds that they were building mass graves and that the reporter figures were far far below the reality with estimates at up to 1 million cases. The mass graves stories appear to be true. Would be doubtful of the million but they worse to be preparing for a huge number of deaths.

Its definitely going to get much worse here in the UK. The numbers are rising massively each day now. China has had its lowest reported cases today so hopefully they're getting a grip of it. We just have to hope the measures we are taking will do that too.
    When you think about it it's very lucky that this isnt a virus that's killing all kinds of people. It seems that children are more robust to it. Imagine if they weren't and it was killing them. It's a terrifying thought.
    Last edited by teesred; 13th March 2020 at 09:46 PM.

Sky sports reporting that theres a 75 percent chance this season wont be completed.