Page 36 of 248 FirstFirst ... 262930313233343536373839404142434686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Football is big business and will want to start making money again. What any business needs is certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If they cancel the league everyone shokld get a point each for the remaining games and positions finish as they are after that. Hey presto. We're campione!
    Yes, that's what they did in the Rugby World Cup in Japan last summer when matches were cancelled because of the weather.

0-0.

Golden Boot and Golden Gloves as you were.

Its definitely going to get much worse here in the UK. The numbers are rising massively each day now. China has had its lowest reported cases today so hopefully they're getting a grip of it. We just have to hope the measures we are taking will do that too.
    When you think about it it's very lucky that this isnt a virus that's killing all kinds of people. It seems that children are more robust to it. Imagine if they weren't and it was killing them. It's a terrifying thought.
    Kids are the most likely to unwittingly spread it, it's really important that all parents make sure they are regularly washing their hands, make sure they wash their hands before putting them into the car or bringing them back into the house after school and avoid them having unnecessary contact with other people that isn't a necessity, including birthday parties, sounds harsh, but it's for their health and everyone elses

The other group I would put at highest risk of spreading it are socialites who frequent bars, pubs, clubs restaurants and parties, these people should apply common sense and just stop these activities while the virus is such a threat. All sorts of higher risk are involved in these activities, handling money, drinking from glasses or cups or using utensils that aren't washed at sufficient heat or properly washed or that being washed at a specific heat doesn't kill the virus, which we don't know whether or not is the case yet
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If they cancel the league everyone should get a point each for the remaining games and positions finish as they are after that. Hey presto. We're campione!
    That would be fair, when we get our hands on the trophy I really hope there's no-one singing "Campione campione ole ole ole ole" because it's really fucking annoying

Again lock down everything for five weeks.

That 75 percent thing I've just mentioned is horseshit. Its "one premier league insiders" opinion not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That would be fair, when we get our hands on the trophy I really hope there's no-one singing "Campione campione ole ole ole ole" because it's really fucking annoying
    I was thinking of the ohhhhh Campione song from the 05 Champions league win.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Again lock down everything for five weeks.
    That sounds about the right time frame, give anyone whose infected but not at detection level yet the chance to go full blown and recover, would stop it spreading further, unfortunately, the UK Gov won't do that as they think it will be too damaging to the economy, but will probably do more damage to the economy by not doing it

It's strange how sports fixtures are getting postponed, but supermarkets are staying open, and selling out of everything. Don't hear of anyone contracting it from shoppers, and they must have thousands of visitors throughout the week.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

How can you shut supermarkets?
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."